S. Alabama Depth Chart Released

knapplc

39 minutes ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

Barry's back up at OLB is a walk on redshirt freshman

Missing are 2 senior scholarship players.  Vainuku and Anderson.  

I wonder if Anderson is still on the team since Green took #4.  Also, speaking of Green, a little surprised to not see him on there since it sounded like he was going to get playing time.  

2 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I wonder if Anderson is still on the team since Green took #4.  Also, speaking of Green, a little surprised to not see him on there since it sounded like he was going to get playing time.  

Good point about Green.  I think he will work into the D-line rotation by the end of the year, especially as a situational pass rusher from the DE spot.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I appreciate Mills' confidence, but I doubt he gets enough carries to reach 1,500.  That's also probably a good thing considering the number of guys who can get carries in this offense.

He will certainly need to make hay with the carries he gets.  But if Ozigbo could get to 1000 without starting the first couple games, I'd say he'll be close if he's anywhere as good.

2 minutes ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

He will certainly need to make hay with the carries he gets.  But if Ozigbo could get to 1000 without starting the first couple games, I'd say he'll be close if he's anywhere as good.

Ozigbo had 155 carries and averaged 7.0 yards per carry (didn't realize it was that high).  Severe and Benning projected Mills to have 170 carries in the regular season, and if Mills averaged 6.0 YPC, that would put him at 1,020 yards.

• Plus1 1

Good to see McQuitty and Miles Jones move up the list

OL still a bit on the young side but starting to fill in

DL looking really solid

Freguson was pretty good (when healthy) last year.  If Davis is past him and Nelson is -OR- we might be a little better at OLB that we think.  Still lacking some explosiveness but not as much on guys who can contribute.  I know Domann has been hurt but if Tannor is right there that's something

Hopefully ILB hold together until some guys get back from injury

Safety looks thin on that sheet but I think is better in practice.  Have some guys listed at CB who can play safety plus a couple young guys who are hopefully on the way.

Can't wait to see our kick/punt returners in action

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Good point about Green.  I think he will work into the D-line rotation by the end of the year, especially as a situational pass rusher from the DE spot.

Agreed.  Might just be too soon to beat out guys that have been here for all of camp both from a conditioning standpoint and "readiness" standpoint.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yes but its good to see it translate. Not worried about Warner just excited that Jones is ready.

It’ll translate when he’s on the field making plays, not listed on a piece of paper. In particular, him, because he’s pressed quite a bit in his limited opportunities. I feel once he can get a string of games and get comfortable his remarkable talent will shine through. He can be one of those “nice problems” as the season develops.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Good to see McQuitty and Miles Jones move up the list

OL still a bit on the young side but starting to fill in

DL looking really solid

Freguson was pretty good (when healthy) last year.  If Davis is past him and Nelson is -OR- we might be a little better at OLB that we think.  Still lacking some explosiveness but not as much on guys who can contribute.  I know Domann has been hurt but if Tannor is right there that's something

Hopefully ILB hold together until some guys get back from injury

Safety looks thin on that sheet but I think is better in practice.  Have some guys listed at CB who can play safety plus a couple young guys who are hopefully on the way.

Can't wait to see our kick/punt returners in action

Cam Taylor is one of those CB's who can easily play Safety.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ozigbo had 155 carries and averaged 7.0 yards per carry (didn't realize it was that high).  Severe and Benning projected Mills to have 170 carries in the regular season, and if Mills averaged 6.0 YPC, that would put him at 1,020 yards.

Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch for him to get there.  Assuming he can get the same ypc as Ozigbo, which would be amazing, he'd need 214 carries on the season.  214 carries/13 games (to include a bowl game) would come to 16 carries per game.  So not out of the realm of possibility but certainly an uphill achievement with this type of offense.

39 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Carries could be spread around a lot more this year. My guess is no one guy reaches 1000, and I think we will have at least as good of a year rushing, if not better.