S. Alabama Depth Chart Released

knapplc

6 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

People with pending felonies shouldn’t play. 

He shouldn’t be needed to put southern Alabama away, so sit him and get this thing resolved once and for all. 

The issue is going to linger out past Southern Alabama - so just sitting him for the USA game wouldn't fit with your philosophy.

Frost is in a tough spot here and I'm sure he will have a reason for what he does, although such might not be shared outside of the locker room or his convo with Wash on the issue. 

11 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

People with pending felonies shouldn’t play. 

Remember how important the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty' is, though. 

If Frost sits him before Maurice even has a chance to plead guilty/not guilty, just think about how that looks? It's like saying "We've taken this to court ourselves internally and found him guilty." I don't think that plays well at all. 

I predict he plays Saturday but that the depth chart is just a subtle public acknowledgment of Mo's off-the-field stuff.

5 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

The issue is going to linger out past Southern Alabama - so just sitting him for the USA game wouldn't fit with your philosophy.

Frost is in a tough spot here and I'm sure he will have a reason for what he does, although such might not be shared outside of the locker room or his convo with Wash on the issue. 

My philosophy doesn’t change if it lasts longer than this weeks game 

1 minute ago, Undone said:

Remember how important the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty' is, though. 

If Frost sits him before Maurice even has a chance to plead guilty/not guilty, just think about how that looks? It's like saying "We've taken this to court ourselves internally and found him guilty." I don't think that plays well at all. 

I predict he plays Saturday but that the depth chart is just a subtle public acknowledgment of Mo's off-the-field stuff.

In an attempt to not drag this into a "should Maurice play" thread, I willsay only this.

A coach can sit a player for conduct detrimental to the team any time they want.  The player doesn't have to be found guilty in a court of law for that to happen.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

In an attempt to not drag this into a "should Maurice play" thread, I willsay only this.

A coach can sit a player for conduct detrimental to the team any time they want.  The player doesn't have to be found guilty in a court of law for that to happen.

I honestly think Mo will be suspended for this week's game, based on the "conduct detrimental to the team" factor.

The next hearing next next week, so hopefully Mo's attorney will be able to work out a deal with the prosecutor in CA, and Mo won't be hit with a felony.  Then Mo can be reinstated with one-game "time served".

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

Such a statement is so painfully obvious that it barely deserves to be mentioned.

15 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

So if the DA drags this out all season and then drops the charges in January 2020, you see no issue in sitting a kid who was wrongfully charged on trumped up charges?

I think that’s a highly unlikely scenario, and “wrongly charged” and “trumped up charges” aren’t a matter of fact, but opinion. 

I think it’s best for all parties involved if he sits (while remaining on the team) until the case is closed. It protects the optics on the program, staff and the person and maybe even delivers a lesson about having things like that on your phone 

5 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

I think that’s a highly unlikely scenario, and “wrongly charged” and “trumped up charges” aren’t a matter of fact, but opinion. 

I think it’s best for all parties involved if he sits (while remaining on the team) until the case is closed. It protects the optics on the program, staff and the person and maybe even delivers a lesson about having things like that on your phone 

Jameis Winston and Cam Newton played all year with pending cases. Maurice won't start but will play Saturday IMO 

• Plus1 3