S. Alabama Depth Chart Released

knapplc

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Looking at the 2015 class (who are now 5th year seniors) which was a combination of Bo and Riley recruits, 11 of the 21 enrollees ended up as contributors.  That's not a bad percentage, but there weren't a lot of "stars" from that class.  Stanley Morgan and Ozigbo had the best careers at NU, with Mo Barry the best player left from that class.

Lee and Anderson came in as 4-star recruits from great high school programs in Colorado.  I have no idea why they didn't up contributing, but it happens.

I saw them both play several times out here in high school. They were definitely of the best on the field. Especially Lee. 

Also surprised they didn’t contribute more. Maybe the turnover and lack of consistency from coaching. College ball ain’t high school. But...they stuck it out and will graduate, who knows how they were behind the scenes, hopefully they and their teammates know how they gave...

16 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Good point about Green.  I think he will work into the D-line rotation by the end of the year, especially as a situational pass rusher from the DE spot.

Chin said last week the talent is obviously there but right now Green can't really bring--it for more than a couple plays. Hopefully we can get him into playing shape by the time we meet OSU. 

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Undone said:

Not trying to be inflammatory towards you at all but you come off as a person who truly has absolutely no understanding of the legal process whatsoever.

The very first rule: You never talk to the cops without going through a lawyer first. Because what you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. This is so incredibly basic.

(strong language warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTurSi0LhJs

17 hours ago, Mavric said:

Freguson was pretty good (when healthy) last year.  If Davis is past him and Nelson is -OR- we might be a little better at OLB that we think.  Still lacking some explosiveness but not as much on guys who can contribute.  I know Domann has been hurt but if Tannor is right there that's something

I didn’t rate Ferguson very high last year, so I’m not sure using him as a baseline tells me anything. I do think Tannor getting the nod is a promising sign, but on the whole this enters as the biggest group of question marks. 

3 hours ago, brophog said:

I didn’t rate Ferguson very high last year, so I’m not sure using him as a baseline tells me anything. I do think Tannor getting the nod is a promising sign, but on the whole this enters as the biggest group of question marks. 

Where I will see the glass as half full on the three non-Mo Barry linebacker slots will be if we can actually play our first game and then settle in for Colorado, then get it completely sorted after NIU. It's crazy how we got off on the wrong foot last year in so many ways.

We know who got blackshirts but some of these guys really haven't played that many snaps.

7 hours ago, brophog said:

I'm not sure how many games he actually played at full speed but in 8 games played (starting 4) he had 36 tackles and 6 tackles for loss.

The tackles was good for 9th on the team (everyone ahead of him played 12 games).  On a per-game basis that would have been 6th.  

The TFLs was 4th on the team - 3rd per-game.

Not outstanding but pretty solid.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not sure how many games he actually played at full speed but in 8 games played (starting 4) he had 36 tackles and 6 tackles for loss.

The tackles was good for 9th on the team (everyone ahead of him played 12 games).  On a per-game basis that would have been 6th.  

The TFLs was 4th on the team - 3rd per-game.

Not outstanding but pretty solid.

Good points Mav. Hopefully Tannor starting over Ferg is an indication in Tannor's growth and improvement over Ferg - instead of a indication of a not fully health Ferg at the moment. 

42 minutes ago, Mavric said:

19 of those 36 were in only two games...the first and the last. Perhaps injury related, it would fit the profile.

The thing with Ferg is to play more instinctive. When the coaches talk about thinking too much and therefore not being able to play fast, he stands out on tape.

5 minutes ago, brophog said:

The thing with Ferg is to play more instinctive. When the coaches talk about thinking too much and therefore not being able to play fast, he stands out on tape.

It's just a shame because he's almost certainly the quickest/fastest linebacker on the roster.