Blackshirts have been handed out

knapplc

20 hours ago, Undone said:

I don't believe that Braxton Clark would have done better than Jackson over the long haul of the season at all.

But moreover, in my opinion Jackson's individual play didn't cost us any wins this season. On that long TD pass in the Colorado game in the fourth quarter, he defended the play really well but it was a Joe Montana throw.

Against Indiana and Purdue, our pathetic lack of a pass rush was the story on defense, pretty much the entire game.

Sorry but I have to disagree.. Jackson has been out of position or had bad coverage on MANY plays through out the season...  It may not have been "the game winning score" but his play has given up chunk yardage and continued drives for our opponents. Would Clark be "better"  I dont know but my main concern with Jackson is effort/attitude (JMO) 

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Sorry but I have to disagree.. Jackson has been out of position or had bad coverage on MANY plays through out the season...  It may not have been "the game winning score" but his play has given up chunk yardage and continued drives for our opponents. Would Clark be "better"  I dont know but my main concern with Jackson is effort/attitude (JMO) 

Do you happen to have any examples other than the same 2 or 3 people keep bringing up? Do you really think Jackson (or any of our corners really) are anywhere even close to the top of the list of our defensive issues this year?

• Plus1 7
3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Do you happen to have any examples other than the same 2 or 3 people keep bringing up? Do you really think Jackson (or any of our corners really) are anywhere even close to the top of the list of our defensive issues this year?

If I knew how to edit film I would put you together one for every game.. does it have to be the "top" of the list to call it what it is..??  there are multiple issues but yes.. LB and corners are an issue...

Just now, twofittyonred said:

If I knew how to edit film I would put you together one for every game.. does it have to be the "top" of the list to call it what it is..??  there are multiple issues but yes.. LB and corners are an issue...

No, it doesn't have to be the top of the list that's true. I just have not seen the same things many are claiming about Jackson. I've seen a few plays with poor coverage, but very few to be honest. Then one or two plays like the Purdue touchdown, which is still at most 1 percent his fault. That's the only play I can recall with a lack of effort, and I don't think it had anything to do with motivation - he just thought the play was made. He can't think that way either obviously, but it's not like he just didn't care enough to try.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

People are going to be real angry when Jackson is pick in the first or second round. Probably the same scouting experts who thought rex burkhead was a first rounder.

Odd, the same guy that started the Jackson "hype" by picking him 18, a month later doesn't have him on the board at all..    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/chris-trapasso

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Now you're lumping LBs in?  The discussion was about corners.

3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

see the word list..??  

noun

1. 1.
    a number of connected items or names written or printed consecutively, typically one below the other.
1 minute ago, twofittyonred said:

Odd, the same guy that started the Jackson "hype" by picking him 18, a month later doesn't have him on the board at all..    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/chris-trapasso

Yeah, I mean mock drafts are all a crap shoot at this point. You get clicks by throwing new names on there. Whether or not Jackson is a first round pick, he has played well this year and I expect him to be picked in the top half of the draft at least. I'm terrible at projecting draft stuff anyway, but it's also not a great measure of the player in college. Ozigbo and Morgan were no less great at Nebraska because they weren't drafted.

6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

No, it doesn't have to be the top of the list that's true. I just have not seen the same things many are claiming about Jackson. I've seen a few plays with poor coverage, but very few to be honest. Then one or two plays like the Purdue touchdown, which is still at most 1 percent his fault. That's the only play I can recall with a lack of effort, and I don't think it had anything to do with motivation - he just thought the play was made. He can't think that way either obviously, but it's not like he just didn't care enough to try.

May I ask, what position did you play?  I played corner.. I tend to watch that play during games, it just habit..

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Not disagreeing or anything, but I’ve casually noticed how you come to Jackson’s defense quite often. Care to share why?

I understand if you prefer not to. 

Just now, Decoy73 said:

Not disagreeing or anything, but I’ve casually noticed how you come to Jackson’s defense quite often. Care to share why?

I understand if you prefer not to. 

I'm his mom!

No seriously, I think he's played well and it just bothers me that he's basically a punching bag for a vocal group of fans. He was terrible and seemed to have a terrible attitude early on in his career. I think he has corrected both of those, and it feels like some fans are completely unwilling to give him any credit for it. I'm probably a little over-aggressive defending him - mostly because he gets randomly bashed out of nowhere a lot, a lot of times for reasons I don't agree with. And I'm sure that makes me seem obnoxiously defensive, but IMO some people are obnoxiously critical of him. I have been similarly defensive of Martinez, and to a lesser degree Farniok.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

May I ask, what position did you play?  I played corner.. I tend to watch that play during games, it just habit..

Some corner, more receiver, neither particularly well. I'm not an expert and am definitely willing to be corrected - I'm not asking for examples just to be a jerk, I just really don't see many issues from him when I rewatch the games. Admittedly I'm not rewatching them focused entirely on one player at a time, so it's not as thorough as it could be. The mistakes I do see from Jackson seem to be brought up repeatedly, much more so than similar examples from other players.