Blackshirts have been handed out

knapplc

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Not disagreeing or anything, but I’ve casually noticed how you come to Jackson’s defense quite often. Care to share why?

I understand if you prefer not to. 

The secondary as a whole has played decent this year.  The problem is that they have got no help with a pass rush.  When you are covering 4+ seconds someone is going to come open eventually.  Jackson and Bootle have both played pretty well.  Jackson will go no later than the 3rd round.  

The linebackers have been horrible in coverage.  

45 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Not gonna sugar coat it, but he has been a massive disappointment.  We (supposedly) beat out a who's who of SEC programs to get him, and after 2 years he seems to be "just a guy". 

Gonna be honest: I kind of question this defensive staff's ability to develop talent.

If the same thing happens eventually with Heinrich I will be pretty mad. Not saying it will, but we'll see.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, NUinID said:

The secondary as a whole has played decent this year.  The problem is that they have got no help with a pass rush.  When you are covering 4+ seconds someone is going to come open eventually.  Jackson and Bootle have both played pretty well.  Jackson will go no later than the 3rd round.  

The linebackers have been horrible in coverage.  

Completely disagree. Our secondary is pretty garbage. LBs are as well. D line has been average, but it's funny seeing that Iowa has the same amount of sacks as us and less TFL yet we give up 29 ppg and they give up 12. 

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

Gonna be honest: I kind of question this defensive staff's ability to develop talent.

If the same thing happens eventually with Heinrich I will be pretty mad. Not saying it will, but we'll see.

When you are brought in to strictly rush the QB and rarely get opportunities to do so....

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Completely disagree. Our secondary is pretty garbage. LBs are as well. D line has been average, but it's funny seeing that Iowa has the same amount of sacks as us and less TFL yet we give up 29 ppg and they give up 12. 

I feel like what I've observed is that our pass coverage has been "decent" but our secondary's run support has been fairly bad. 

Combine that with poorly coached and clueless linebackers and you've got a team that gets steamrolled by a motivated offense.

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

When you are brought in to strictly rush the QB and rarely get opportunities to do so....

Pretty much. 

30 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I would say garbage is way too strong.  If you go and watch almost every sack Nebraska has got this year, they are coverage sacks.  I am not going to sit here and say the defense as a whole has been great, but the secondary coverage has been decent. Decent doesn't mean great or even good.  With a better pass rush they would be better.   Again if the secondary is in pass coverage too long someone is eventually going to come open.   The opposing coaches are picking on the linebackers most the time, throwing the underneath stuff.  Our Lbs don't cover up real well and they are getting exploited.  Our d-line is actually pretty good at doing what the are suppose to do except they don't get enough pressure on the QB with just 4 guys.  

I would say our d-line is just as good as Wisconsin's and will actually be better  this week with Williams out. The problem is that Wisconsin's d-line gets paired with probably the best starting 4 linebackers in the B1G and then the secondary is probably top 5.  

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh boy...you're not going to go down the "I played the position so I know" road are you?

huh...  so a mechanic shouldn't tell people he knows how to work on cars..??  Your logic is a bit baffling...  "dont tell me that you know about the subject because... well.... you know about the subject"....???   SMFH

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

Power to anyone trying to argue any strengths for our defense. Folks we gave up 24 points in the 4th quarter to what has amounted to a bad Colorado team. We couldn't stop Indiana. We couldn't stop Purdue's 3rd string walk on QB from going 6/6 and orchestrating a game winning drive. Our defense is bad in all categories. There may be a bright spot in two or three players, but no matter what unit on the D those players are apart of, the rest of the unit brings the whole thing down.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

huh...  so a mechanic shouldn't tell people he knows how to work on cars..??  Your logic is a bit baffling...  "dont tell me that you know about the subject because... well.... you know about the subject"....???   SMFH

No....and I’m not saying yet you’re doing this. 

But, every once in a while we get someone who acts like they know more than everyone else because they played or coached. 

15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

No....and I’m not saying yet you’re doing this. 

But, every once in a while we get someone who acts like they know more than everyone else because they played or coached. 

Someone having knowledge/experience on a specific topic is going to know more about that topic then someone who has not.... Its reality...  Again this logic baffles me...

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, twofittyonred said:

Someone having knowledge/experience on a specific topic is going to know more about that topic then someone who has not.... Its reality...  Again this logic baffles me...

LOL...yeah....you haven't obviously been around for the people who have tried to play that card.  It many times ends up in a s#!t show where the guy doesn't know as much as he thinks.

Again, I have no problem with your input and it's nice to know that you played. But, I'm just telling you that you will get a lot of push back if you do it in a way of....."well....I know because I played and you didn't so you don't."

I look forward to your contributions.

• Plus1 3
On 11/14/2019 at 1:59 PM, BIG ERN said:

Our DL is garbage when it comes to pass rush...coverage sacks at best. Not one of our DL can create a move on an OL...it is heads up rush, look...look...look..QB gets undisciplined in a good pocket and we get garbage sacks

Of course you can't really blame the QB for getting undisciplined, they are told you have 3 seconds max before you should have the ball out..you get 6 seconds into surveying your coached in instincts are telling you someone should be coming

11 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Our DL is garbage when it comes to pass rush...coverage sacks at best. Not one of our DL can create a move on an OL...it is heads up rush, look...look...look..QB gets undisciplined in a good pocket and we get garbage sacks

Of course you can't really blame the QB for getting undisciplined, they are told you have 3 seconds max before you should have the ball out..you get 6 seconds into surveying your coached in instincts are telling you someone should be coming

You guys still like this secondary? Watching Bootle and Jackson tackle makes me vomit 

• Fire 2