HuskerBoard has a new Owner ...

Thanks for everything you've done, C. It was a pleasure working with you, and it's been a pleasure being a member of this community before & after.

I miss working with you, E & F, but time marches on & things change.

Here's hoping HuskerBoard stays the same great community it's been these past 16 years.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for giving us a place and for everything you've contributed over the years Chad! Crazy to think I've been on this board for 12 years now, and have met probably 30 or so of you clowns in person. 

I'm looking forward to what comes next, although I hope we don't have another influx of huskermax weirdos like we did several years back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Blackshirt. I’ve called this my home on the interwebs since about 05 but didn’t join for a couple years.

I remember being so fed up with that one coach who came here for a minute, I googled “husker message board” to find a place to vent. It popped up first and it’s all history. It’s turned into my first stop everyday, and the venting went away and transitioned into where I get ALL my Cornhusker news.  

Thanks so much. And thanks to everyone who makes it what it is behind the scenes. 

Its a a perfect time to bow out, Frost is back and so is Nebraska! Enjoy your kids. 

• Thanks 1

I appreciate the opportunity that Chad and the owners of Husker Board have given me by reaching out and offering to sell Husker Board to me. As Chad has stated they want to focus more time on their young families. They have built a quality community and I want to keep it intact. We have had conversations in the past about selling/buying the board and this time it seemed like the right time for both of us. After some back and forth negotiating we came to terms and both sides feel that we got a good deal. 

There will be some immediate changes and some things will remain the same. For starters this will always be a free to register and post board. There will be advertising on the site to support the site financially and there will be news articles posted from writers at HuskerMax along with the schedule widget. I am not encouraging Husker Board members to join the HuskerMax board and I am not encouraging HuskerMax members to join Husker Board. They are two separate and distinct communities and should remain that way. 

The most immediate change will be migrating the site from the current BBS software to Xenforo which will happen before the first game this Saturday against South Alabama. I have spoken to Mavric and will be speaking to other current moderators and get their input and ask them to continue supporting the board with their moderating. I look forward to continue to build on what Chad's group has created for the past 16 years and make it a top notch Husker online community for years to come.

Would like to meet posters here in person and you are welcome to stop by and say hello at Marlin's tailgate at the corner of 8th and N this Saturday. I will be there with Rich Glover before and after the game. If you plan on stopping by please reply to this thread with the number of people so Marlin can have enough food and drink available. There is no charge and a donation jar to help Marlin pay for food and drink will be available. 

smoker-tailgate.jpg

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedMax said:

I appreciate the opportunity that Chad and the owners of Husker Board have given me by reaching out and offering to sell Husker Board to me. As Chad has stated they want to focus more time on their young families. They have built a quality community and I want to keep it intact. We have had conversations in the past about selling/buying the board and this time it seemed like the right time for both of us. After some back and forth negotiating we came to terms and both sides feel that we got a good deal. 

There will be some immediate changes and some things will remain the same. For starters this will always be a free to register and post board. There will be advertising on the site to support the site financially and there will be news articles posted from writers at HuskerMax along with the schedule widget. I am not encouraging Husker Board members to join the HuskerMax board and I am not encouraging HuskerMax members to join Husker Board. They are two separate and distinct communities and should remain that way. 

The most immediate change will be migrating the site from the current BBS software to Xenforo which will happen before the first game this Saturday against South Alabama. I have spoken to Mavric and will be speaking to other current moderators and get their input and ask them to continue supporting the board with their moderating. I look forward to continue to build on what Chad's group has created for the past 16 years and make it a top notch Husker online community for years to come.

Would like to meet posters here in person and you are welcome to stop by and say hello at Marlin's tailgate at the corner of 8th and N this Saturday. I will be there with Rich Glover before and after the game. If you plan on stopping by please reply to this thread with the number of people so Marlin can have enough food and drink available. There is no charge and a donation jar to help Marlin pay for food and drink will be available. 

smoker-tailgate.jpg

Thanks BigRedMax for vowing to keep this board As Is...and I look forward to seeing what updates you have in store...

• BigRedMax unfeatured and unpinned this topic