HuskerBoard has a new Owner ...

This board has meant a lot to me during the last 11 years, often in ways I have a hard time putting into words. It was my go-to message board all through college and still is to this day. It was my place to relax before a big exam or when I needed something to take my mind off of the real world. It helped me through bad break ups, family strife, job searches and late overnights at my first job out of school. Just knowing there was always a place to go that was well maintained, relatively clean, and just pure fun was such a cool thing.

Thanks for your leadership and efforts from the beginning, Chad! I'm confident this place will keep moving forward positively. Go Big Red my guy.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedMax said:

I specifically asked for the reputation score. 

It would be great to have the continuity from old site to new, but it would also be interesting if everyone started over again at zero.

Hard to say which is best.

We'll just wait and see. The "look & feel" is going to be the biggest change, but we've done it before with different versions of this software.

EDIT - also, any idea how much downtime we should expect with the software switch? That's my biggest concern - that the site will be offline for several hours when the changeover happens.

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It would be great to have the continuity from old site to new, but it would also be interesting if everyone started over again at zero.

Hard to say which is best.

We'll just wait and see. The "look & feel" is going to be the biggest change, but we've done it before with different versions of this software.

EDIT - also, any idea how much downtime we should expect with the software switch? That's my biggest concern - that the site will be offline for several hours when the changeover happens.

The down time should be minimal. Past ones have been in the one hour or less range. There will be an announcement when it will happen as soon as I get confirmation from the developer.  The plan is to do it before Saturday. 

• Plus1 1

@brophog I don't know if it's the software or the server hardware, but pages on HuskerMax load much more quickly for me than on here.

HuskerBoard has a far better layout, though. HuskerMax's layout is kinda dated and needlessly cramped.

• BigRedMax unfeatured and unpinned this topic