HuskerBoard has a new Owner ...

7 minutes ago, BigRedMax said:

I got confirmation from the developer that Xenforo may not have that feature so I have cancelled the conversion for now. The site will remain on the current platform.  

Honestly, rep points and Status Updates are two very important things for this community.

Getting rid of either would cause much unhappiness.

I think this is a good decision, and a good start to get off on. Thanks, BRM.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Honestly, rep points and Status Updates are two very important things for this community.

Getting rid of either would cause much unhappiness.

I think this is a good decision, and a good start to get off on. Thanks, BRM.

Are they really?

Serious question. It helps people understand what sort of posts are appreciated but I dont think I would lose much sleep if they disappeared.

I would be tempted to start a poll to see if people actually care about Rep points.

• Plus1 3

Rep points are overrated BIG TIME.  I was on this board when it started ... just read until I joined a few years later.  I'm reading this board almost every day since 2005.  I post and interact weekly.  

What I find is that some new kid comes into the forum.  They begin to "contribute" and you can usually tell those who are trying to "make a name" or be viewed as an "expert" or an opinion where they should be pumped as as something special.  It seems like each year there are 4-5 guys that build a rep via even rep points where they have a higher rating than a guy like me who has been around for 15 years.  Their points will be higher than mine in 6-9 months.  The next thing that happens is they get c$%ky and believe they have more importance than they do ... and they get banned after warnings.

In the end, I know who contributes to this board and the opinions worth reading and listening to.  It's pretty obvious to see who the wannabee's are.  I don't care what anyone's rep points are.  You are who you are and what you contribute is all that matters along with folks who want Huskerboard to be a friendly community like who we are when we come together on game day toward those who are our competitors.

Pass.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
1 minute ago, BigRedN said:

Rep points are overrated BIG TIME.  I was on this board when it started ... just read until I joined a few years later.  I'm reading this board almost every day since 2005.  I post and interact weekly.  

What I find is that some new kid comes into the forum.  They begin to "contribute" and you can usually tell those who are trying to "make a name" or be viewed as an "expert" or an opinion where they should be pumped as as something special.  It seems like each year there are 4-5 guys that build a rep via even rep points where they have a higher rating than a guy like me who has been around for 15 years.  Their points will be higher than mine in 6-9 months.  The next thing that happens is they get c$%ky and believe they have more importance than they do ... and they get banned after warnings.

In the end, I know who contributes to this board and the opinions worth reading and listening to.  It's pretty obvious to see who the wannabee's are.  I don't care what anyone's rep points are.  You are who you are and what you contribute is all that matters along with folks who want Huskerboard to be a friendly community like who we are when we come together on game day toward those who are our competitors.

Pass.

I am going to upvote you like crazy now.... Turn you into what you hate.

:D

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Pass.

So you are the Mike Riley of huskerboard.  Been around forever but haven't really contributed anything........ I kid, I kid

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • BigRedMax unfeatured and unpinned this topic