HuskerBoard has a new Owner ...

1st. Blackshirt; thank you and the crew you have/had selected (mods to admin) for allowing me to park my old a$$ in the forums now and then, throughout the years. I wish you and your family the best going forward. You created a unique board, which I think you can see by the reply’s here, that it was/is, very much appreciated. 

2nd. BigRedMaxwhile my time has become very limited to post, I do lurk and read a lot. A hearty welcome to you, and I appreciate the chance to play in your new sandbox. Here is hoping that the more things change, the more they stay the same, here on the board. 

See ya around the board, now and then! Go Big Red!

2 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

I want to thank Chad for everything he's done. 

I still don't understand why this is necessary. Many here (myself included) have a software engineering/webmaster/something similar background. Was the cost of running the site prohibitive? I'm positive we could have found a way to keep this site running as is with new leadership. I'm sad. 

This, especially since we had donation drives to keep the place open and upgrade it. 

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Rep points are overrated BIG TIME.  I was on this board when it started ... just read until I joined a few years later.  I'm reading this board almost every day since 2005.  I post and interact weekly.  

What I find is that some new kid comes into the forum.  They begin to "contribute" and you can usually tell those who are trying to "make a name" or be viewed as an "expert" or an opinion where they should be pumped as as something special.  It seems like each year there are 4-5 guys that build a rep via even rep points where they have a higher rating than a guy like me who has been around for 15 years.  Their points will be higher than mine in 6-9 months.  The next thing that happens is they get c$%ky and believe they have more importance than they do ... and they get banned after warnings.

In the end, I know who contributes to this board and the opinions worth reading and listening to.  It's pretty obvious to see who the wannabee's are.  I don't care what anyone's rep points are.  You are who you are and what you contribute is all that matters along with folks who want Huskerboard to be a friendly community like who we are when we come together on game day toward those who are our competitors.

Pass.

tenor.gif

• Plus1 1

"There will be advertising on the site to support the site financially ....."

I don't get it. I flunked Business101 class.

Blackshirt's Huskerboard was free membership and very few ads yet HuskerMax forum required fees and tons of annoying commercials.  What's the different anyway?  David Max is a multi-millionaire income?  Buddies with Bill Gates?  Again,  I flunked Business101 class (not joking)

2 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Blackshirt's Huskerboard was free membership and very few ads yet HuskerMax forum required fees and tons of annoying commercials.  What's the different anyway?  David Max is a multi-millionaire income?  Buddies with Bill Gates?  Again,  I flunked Business101 class (not joking)

Considering one bought the other, I’m guessing the difference is one was self sufficient and the other couldn’t afford the traffic. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Mavric indicated earlier in this thread that BS was losing money running this site. It costs money for software licenses, server space, etc. It seems that the limited advertising and donor program wasn't enough for BS to be able to keep this site running on his own. The sale to David was probably motivated as much by that and BS's inability to spend more time on building HB up to be cost neutral to run or better due to his young family. 

• Plus1 1

I'm pretty happy the conversion has been cancelled. Makes me pretty nervous right off the bat. The same day new ownership is announced the board is going to (needlessly, from 'our' vantage point not looking behind the scenes) completely switch software platforms? 

Huskerboard has been on invision for a decade plus. We all like it, understand it, feel at home with it. Trying not to be alarmed that new ownership was essentially planning on immediately getting rid of all the furniture, rugs, and curtains and repaint the walls.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

When I opened this thread, it was 17 pages. Now I'm posting on page 13. 

The old default was 50 posts per page. It looks like that changed too... what happened? I thought we delayed the apocalypse. 

Yeah, I wonder if it got reset while they were preparing for the switch. I believe @Mavric or @Saunders can change it back, unless it was a decision from the higher ups.

• BigRedMax unfeatured and unpinned this topic