HuskerBoard has a new Owner ...

3 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

I only ventured 2 websites, HuskerMax and Huskerboard forums.  How about BigHuskerFan forum?  Good?  Not a BHF member yet .......

BHF is alright, but it's kinda dead these days. I started posting here more regularly because it was getting a little too quiet there. There's also r/Huskers on Reddit, and r/CFB, which is probably the best all-teams college football board. The other options would be the Husker forums on the recruiting sites.

@Husker_Bohunk Ditto.

• Plus1 1

Well I hate to see the end of an era occur, but I understand why the board was sold. I thank Eric and Chad for all of their hardwork in getting the board up and running and keeping it running all these years. I love this place and have been here for 14 years this November for a reason. This is the best Husker message board out there and it shows by all the comments in here. 

To the new owner of the board, BRM, welcome and I look forward to seeing what you can bring to the table to keep the board running smoothly! :thumbs

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/26/2019 at 9:45 PM, Blackshirt said:
Dear HuskerBoard family,

After 16 years of running HuskerBoard, it's time to turn the page.

Jump to the last few sentences to find out where HB goes from here. Continue reading for my full "best man" wedding speech. 

I started HuskerBoard a few years after graduating from UNL in 2003, b/c I was a Husker zealot looking for someone to talk Husker football with while living in KC.

I began by creating various profiles and having conversations with myself ...

Shortly after, I convinced my old college buddy Eric, to join the schizophrenic conversation.

We goofed around, shared our idiotic commentary with our multiple personalities, and our old school version of memes.

Suddenly, people started showing up. Actual, real, not voices in our heads people - like you guys.

Some of you even became our friends, and some lifelong friends - b/c of a crazy little place where adults click buttons and type things about sports stuff. 

Today, HuskerBoard stands strong at nearly 12K members and counting.

The largest 100% FREE Husker forum on the web.

With easily the most respectful and intelligent members and moderators.

I'm extremely proud of what HuskerBoard has become. And it most certainly wouldn't still be here without MANY amazing contributors over the years. Too long to list them all, so to avoid missing someone I won't even start. You know who you are, so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And of course you incredible SOB members that are just as nutty about the Huskers as us. And some who may actually be clinically insane, you added a nice dash of color and entertainment to the board.

It's been an honor being the Lord of the Flies; although some of you don't even know WHOTF I am, as I've been behind the scenes the past several years.

I had to put my Husker addiction on the back-burner when I had my first daughter 7 years ago. I now have 3 kids, and my time is being stretched more everyday.

I recently decided it was time to pass the torch. To someone I knew would maintain our values, and keep the HB spirit of ethics alive.

David Max, the longtime owner of HuskerPedia and now HuskerMax will be taking over the board effective tomorrow August 27.

I know the board will be in good hands, as David is a solid human being and amazing Husker fan.

He vowed to maintain the board as a FREE forum, and will surely take it to even better places than I've had time for lately.

And special thanks to Mavric for leading the crew so expertly the past few years. Mavric is the man, and is planning to continue onward & upward with HB. So please follow his lead and continue building HuskerBoard into the best Husker forum on the web.

Thanks again to all, and GBR!!

~Mic drop~
Chad aka Blackshirt

P.S. - David will make an announcement soon about his upcoming plans for the board, including an invitation to his Tailgate Party this Saturday!

Thanks boys! It’s been a great run and I hope you keep contributing to the board. 

Best wishes to the new owner. 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, KCBuc said:

I came here to get away from Huskermax. I hope they do keep this website the same and don’t have these twat moderators trying to control every post like over there. 

Control every post? Myself experience, sometimes but very rare, not every post.

Anyway, need to reduce tweeter inputs on HM forum.  If adblock is enabled, then the twitter post, "Not Loading" or something like that.

Brown hair guy=me ;)

On 8/28/2019 at 1:18 PM, CapoValley said:

Yeah. This isn’t rocket science. Someone realized they were about to hit their peak traffic season, and decided they couldn’t swing the upcost in bandwidth. So here we are. 

Really wished they would have asked for donations instead of selling, I love this place and have no problem throwing money down to keep it going

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, man eating mastodon said:

Really wished they would have asked for donations instead of selling, I love this place and have no problem throwing money down to keep it going

To be honest it was up for sale a few years ago, I found it on accident searching the internet one day. I don't even remember which website I found it on where it was for sale. I almost bought it then, but I couldn't swing the asking price. Out or respect for the past owners and new owner I will not say what that asking price was. I did not know it was back up for sale at this time, but it's what it is. 

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

To be honest it was up for sale a few years ago, I found it on accident searching the internet one day. I don't even remember which website I found it on where it was for sale. I almost bought it then, but I couldn't swing the asking price. Out or respect for the past owners and new owner I will not say what that asking price was. I did not know it was back up for sale at this time, but it's what it is. 

It wasn't listed in the Classified section of HB was it?  It would suck that nobody noticed it.

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2019 at 8:14 PM, KCBuc said:

I came here to get away from Huskermax. I hope they do keep this website the same and don’t have these twat moderators trying to control every post like over there. 

You mean you don't want any "Reign" of terror enforced here? :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't pass that up - I lurked at HuskerMax off and on for years, but never joined due to certain individuals styles of moderation - I could tell people would get annoyed and leave due to the approach.  I hate going there now - the ads are excessive.

I guess I'll have to look at leaving here.  I was never a significant poster, but I certainly read a lot of the threads.  I would try to contribute occasionally.

Oh well, nothing is forever.  As long as this doesn't become HMax 2 ("the ads are everywhere" version)  I'll stick around.  Otherwise, time to look for something else, I guess.

20 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

I don't think money was the only reason he decided to sell. He also didn't have the time to do the regular upkeep either. I'm sure we can discuss with @BigRedMax about continuing doing donation drives to help keep the need for ads at a minimum.

Huskermax is "Family friendly".....they assume children are reading it, this board has always been more 'adult' oriented. That's the main difference I see. David Max is a good guy. Some of the mods and favorites over there are a little too much ,but I'm sure that's the case just about everywhere. You sell or buy a boat in the spring because that's when people want to use it, that answers the timing question. If it was me, I'd keep this one oriented the way it is but find ways to make it profitable. Max has done a good job of that by featuring knowledgeable commentators and good links on the front page. I'm sure most of us have visited there for those features.

• Thanks 1
  • BigRedMax unfeatured and unpinned this topic