HuskerBoard has a new Owner ...

16 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

David, if you're still listening....

What is your monthly revenue goal? I'm not asking you what it costs you to run the site. What do you need to generate per month to consider running HB "worth it"?

Because these ads are ridiculous and I'd rather see if we can drum up a fundraising event again and get you the money so you knock off the crap. 

There will be an option to opt out of the ads with an annual subscription. It won't be available until a couple of weeks from now.  Based on feedback I have decided to keep the Invision bbs software and keep the ads to a minimum. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 5
1 hour ago, BigRedMax said:

There will be an option to opt out of the ads with an annual subscription. It won't be available until a couple of weeks from now.  Based on feedback I have decided to keep the Invision bbs software and keep the ads to a minimum. 

David, appreciate you listening. 

The ads aren’t frustrating. The way you are attempting to monetize them are. Can we bump the post/page count again?

Edit: To your point, I would never subscribe to avoid ads. If I had 15 posts/page, with no ads, I’d still be posting here. I feel like I can’t have discussions on a message board anymore.

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

David, if you're still listening....

What is your monthly revenue goal? I'm not asking you what it costs you to run the site. What do you need to generate per month to consider running HB "worth it"?

Because these ads are ridiculous and I'd rather see if we can drum up a fundraising event again and get you the money so you knock off the crap. 

I could be way off base here but I fear/wonder if the owner wants to profit from the board, not just have it pay for itself. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, NebraskaBison said:

I could be way off base here but I fear/wonder if the owner wants to profit from the board, not just have it pay for itself. 

David is a businessman, his career is operating Husker message boards. It is not just a hobby for him.

I wish that I could enjoy my career as much, but I'm sure that running these boards has many unpleasant challenges.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, NebraskaBison said:

Which is why I asked for a revenue target, and explicitly said, "I'm not asking you what it costs you to run the site. What do you need to generate per month to consider running HB "worth it"?"

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Which is why I asked for a revenue target, and explicitly said, "I'm not asking you what it costs you to run the site. What do you need to generate per month to consider running HB "worth it"?"

And why would he share that information with you? I personally don't care that you asked it, but if I was in David's shoes I would not be willing to share that number with anyone. Just seems a bit over the line IMO. 

• Plus1 3

32 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

And why would he share that information with you? I personally don't care that you asked it, but if I was in David's shoes I would not be willing to share that number with anyone. Just seems a bit over the line IMO. 

Because he has no incentive to be honest. Say he wants to make $100. Let him say $120, we can raise $120. He runs a business, we're consumers. He has the forum we use, we have the money he wants. 

I’m not gonna pay a dime.  I’ll put up with the annoying crap until I don’t.  I’ll just have to sign up for Twitter and follow reporters and coaches myself instead of trying to get caught up here.

I will say I’ve saved at least a couple of hours in the last few days because I didn’t bother following threads because I had to sift through 3/4/5 pages to get caught up from the previous day.

Oh well...

Thank you to the previous owners.  You made something great, wish it could have kept going...

• Plus1 9
  • BigRedMax unfeatured and unpinned this topic