HuskerBoard has a new Owner ...

Thank you for your work and creativity here, Chad.  Thanks for filling us in on the whys and hows of the passing of the baton to the new owner.  

I'm new here in this iteration as my old id was not available when I went to re-join, but I've been in and out and kept up with the place over time and find it to still be the best for Husker fans. 

New old guy.. er, old new guy,

- HM

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Red Five said:

And there is the first shoe to drop about Huskerboard becoming a pay site...

Not really. Some posters have requested an option to not view ads. That is in response to that request. Huskerboard will always be a free site to post and register and there will be ads. The subscription is optional and only if you don't want to view ads. 

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, BigRedMax said:

Not really. Some posters have requested an option to not view ads. That is in response to that request. Huskerboard will always be a free site to post and register and there will be ads. The subscription is optional and only if you don't want to view ads. 

What if I want to view 50 posts/page? Not seeing ads on a page that only has 15 posts still limits my ability to read and discuss. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
20 hours ago, BigRedMax said:

Thanks for starting us down the path of ruining this site.

Your other site (admax or adpedia or whatever) is so full of freaking ads it is unreadable.  I suppose for the suckers that pay you money the site is a little better, but oh well.

Again, thanks for ruining things.

• Plus1 7
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • BigRedMax unfeatured and unpinned this topic

On 9/4/2019 at 10:59 PM, CapoValley said:

Or because a temporary extension on a license can’t have an add on like more posts per page. They wanted to change the software. In hindsight, it would have been better because who gives a crap about stored rep points 

Says the guy with less than 150 rep points...

/s

• Haha 1

Yeah I must say the change of 15 posts per page then having an ad on every single page I click on is a bit annoying and frustrating. I love this site and everyone apart of it but the ads are so frequent that I don’t visit here as much or as long as usual..

tbh I don’t even know what the ads are for since I’m furiously trying to find and click that f**king X so I can see the bottom quarter of my screen

• Plus1 3

On 9/6/2019 at 10:25 PM, BigRedMax said:

Obviously in the grand scheme of things this will be a blip...but the introduction of ads is what generated the request. Kudos to you man...see an annoyance and profit from it. Can't blame you...the fault lays with those who cannot wait a sec...lack of patience pays the man.

It seems to me that it must be at least somewhat related to how the mobile browser is loading the ads.  I've never had them show up more than just a small banner at the bottom of the page (even that isn't there right now.  shhhhhhh....)

I'm Andriod/Chrome.  What OS/browser are people having the most issues with?

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

It seems to me that it must be at least somewhat related to how the mobile browser is loading the ads.  I've never had them show up more than just a small banner at the bottom of the page (even that isn't there right now.  shhhhhhh....)

I'm Andriod/Chrome.  What OS/browser are people having the most issues with?

Its strange people have been saying they don't see ads on mobile. I still get a banner at the top of the page and at the bottom of my view window in mobile on chrome.