HuskerBoard has a new Owner ...

19 hours ago, ArkanSkers said:

When did all of these adds start popping up on the bottom?

When the new guy took over trying to make a profit off us.

58 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

I'm sure we can discuss with @BigRedMax about continuing doing donation drives to help keep the need for ads at a minimum.

I'll pay $1/month if we can go back to more than 15 posts per page. Good god this is awful.

• Plus1 5

5 hours ago, Rochelobe said:

You mean you don't want any "Reign" of terror enforced here? :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't pass that up - I lurked at HuskerMax off and on for years, but never joined due to certain individuals styles of moderation - I could tell people would get annoyed and leave due to the approach.  I hate going there now - the ads are excessive.

I guess I'll have to look at leaving here.  I was never a significant poster, but I certainly read a lot of the threads.  I would try to contribute occasionally.

Oh well, nothing is forever.  As long as this doesn't become HMax 2 ("the ads are everywhere" version)  I'll stick around.  Otherwise, time to look for something else, I guess.

Yep! It gets to be too much group think and “think this way approach.” Sucked the fun out of it for me.

• Plus1 1

Like it or not, we live in a capitalistic society.

HuskerMax (and before it HuskerPedia) were build to make a profit through advertising and an annual fee.

HuskerBoard was a property that was undervalued, because of the lack of advertising on this site.

David Max acquired this site for money to make a profit, and he will put advertising here.
The best we can hope for is that Huskermax moderators are not brought here.

He is the Gordon Gecko of Husker message boards.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Apsu said:

Like it or not, we live in a capitalistic society.

HuskerMax (and before it HuskerPedia) were build to make a profit through advertising and an annual fee.

HuskerBoard was a property that was undervalued, because of the lack of advertising on this site.

David Max acquired this site for money to make a profit, and he will put advertising here.
The best we can hope for is that Huskermax moderators are not brought here.

He is the Gordon Gecko of Husker message boards.

We're early on but so far I can't necessarily fault your line of logic.

And, unfortunately, if that happens, I think I might need to go elsewhere or maybe try my hand at starting my own. 

I haven’t tried to access on a computer since the sell, maybe it will be better.  But the ads and low number of posts per page are annoying on my phone.   

Plus,every ad I’ve seen I’ve closed and selected not interested as my reasons.  If we’re going to pedal stuff here, at least make it something I’m interested in.  FFS: NRA, Weighwatchers, some franchise consulting firm????

If HuskerMax mods come here to moderate, there's going to be a purge. I enjoy the contributions from many on this board. A lot of good friendly discussions and people who have been around for a while. We also get random non-Husker fans come on here and engage in some good discussions. Would hate to see that disappear.

• Plus1 1

Just curious...with the amount of grumbling from valued HB members on these threads and in the status updates, how much potential revenue can this site actually generate with all of the ads that are popping up? Are any of the web-savvy folks here able to roughly estimate the number of clicks, ads, and money that is at stake? What is a typical ad-click worth? How many hits does Huskerboard get on an annual basis?

With this board suddenly becoming less attractive and more cumbersome to use, is the ad revenue worth hundreds? Thousands? Millions? What does it cost to maintain a site like this? 

I don't have a big problem with the changes so far, minor annoyances more than anything. But a lot of people sure are getting pissed off. Is it worth it?

• Plus1 1
  • BigRedMax unfeatured and unpinned this topic