Jump to content
Blackshirt

HuskerBoard has a new Owner ...

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, desertshox said:

my wife had one. i didnt like it all. but that might have had more to do with my liking my blackberry and it was going the way of the dodo.

 

biggest issue i have had with sprint is, their service is non-existent where i live in nebraska. and you would think living 25 miles west of lincoln would have decent service.

Sprint can suck in big cities too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David, if you're still listening....

What is your monthly revenue goal? I'm not asking you what it costs you to run the site. What do you need to generate per month to consider running HB "worth it"?

 

Because these ads are ridiculous and I'd rather see if we can drum up a fundraising event again and get you the money so you knock off the crap. 

  • Plus1 4
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, ads suck but I guess I am used to them because I don’t think these are any worse than almost every web page. Plus you can x-out pretty easy. 

 

New guy has to make money. If this does it for him then I can manage to hit a few x’s to keep this board going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dtbugeater said:

Man, ads suck but I guess I am used to them because I don’t think these are any worse than almost every web page. Plus you can x-out pretty easy. 

 

New guy has to make money. If this does it for him then I can manage to hit a few x’s to keep this board going. 

The ads are aren't even the biggest problem, IMO. 

 

It was posted like 3 pages ago - but you WOULDN'T KNOW IT because navigating this board and even having a discussion (gasp, on a message board) is so damn hard - everyone keeps posting the same exact message from page to page because no one wants to read 4 pages to see where the convo is before speaking their mind. It is just the same thoughts regurgitated because people can't have a discussion. On a message board. 

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

The ads are aren't even the biggest problem, IMO. 

 

It was posted like 3 pages ago - but you WOULDN'T KNOW IT because navigating this board and even having a discussion (gasp, on a message board) is so damn hard - everyone keeps posting the same exact message from page to page because no one wants to read 4 pages to see where the convo is before speaking their mind. It is just the same thoughts regurgitated because people can't have a discussion. On a message board. 

but more pages = more revenue

 

 

because greed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

but more pages = more revenue

 

 

because greed?

 

Or because a temporary extension on a license can’t have an add on like more posts per page. They wanted to change the software. In hindsight, it would have been better because who gives a crap about stored rep points 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

David, if you're still listening....

What is your monthly revenue goal? I'm not asking you what it costs you to run the site. What do you need to generate per month to consider running HB "worth it"?

 

Because these ads are ridiculous and I'd rather see if we can drum up a fundraising event again and get you the money so you knock off the crap. 

 

There will be an option to opt out of the ads with an annual subscription. It won't be available until a couple of weeks from now.  Based on feedback I have decided to keep the Invision bbs software and keep the ads to a minimum. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigRedMax said:

 

There will be an option to opt out of the ads with an annual subscription. It won't be available until a couple of weeks from now.  Based on feedback I have decided to keep the Invision bbs software and keep the ads to a minimum. 

David, appreciate you listening. 

 

The ads aren’t frustrating. The way you are attempting to monetize them are. Can we bump the post/page count again?

 

Edit: To your point, I would never subscribe to avoid ads. If I had 15 posts/page, with no ads, I’d still be posting here. I feel like I can’t have discussions on a message board anymore.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

David, if you're still listening....

What is your monthly revenue goal? I'm not asking you what it costs you to run the site. What do you need to generate per month to consider running HB "worth it"?

 

Because these ads are ridiculous and I'd rather see if we can drum up a fundraising event again and get you the money so you knock off the crap. 

 

I could be way off base here but I fear/wonder if the owner wants to profit from the board, not just have it pay for itself. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NebraskaBison said:

 

I could be way off base here but I fear/wonder if the owner wants to profit from the board, not just have it pay for itself. 

 

David is a businessman, his career is operating Husker message boards. It is not just a hobby for him.

I wish that I could enjoy my career as much, but I'm sure that running these boards has many unpleasant challenges.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NebraskaBison said:

 

I could be way off base here but I fear/wonder if the owner wants to profit from the board, not just have it pay for itself. 

Which is why I asked for a revenue target, and explicitly said, "I'm not asking you what it costs you to run the site. What do you need to generate per month to consider running HB "worth it"?"

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Which is why I asked for a revenue target, and explicitly said, "I'm not asking you what it costs you to run the site. What do you need to generate per month to consider running HB "worth it"?"

And why would he share that information with you? I personally don't care that you asked it, but if I was in David's shoes I would not be willing to share that number with anyone. Just seems a bit over the line IMO. 

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Which is why I asked for a revenue target, and explicitly said, "I'm not asking you what it costs you to run the site. What do you need to generate per month to consider running HB "worth it"?"

How about his tax returns?  

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...