HuskerBoard has a new Owner ...

My principal concern, is that David Max loaded up Husker max with advertizing, on both sides, on the top of the page, and on the bottom. many were very annoying, and it really slowed down the page loads.

While it is great that this board will remain free, I hope we don't have the large influx of advertising.

Untitled.jpg

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

I guess ive been here when this place was hot, on a close game or controversy and the board could barely keep up before there were ads.  Im not a rich man, not by a long shot but i would gladly pay some type of subscription to never see a dam ad.  I dont need huskerboard showing me that i googled male enhancement pills or a carb kit for my chevelle every time i try to look into a game thread.

• Haha 5
10 hours ago, brophog said:

To be honest, I hate the huskermax software, because of too many intrusive ads, but mostly the pop ups. And I’m not alone, as the problem has been posted over there repeatedly for years. I like the site, have read it for many, many, many years and appreciate it as the remarkable Husker news aggregate it is. But I stay on it the absolute minimum I need to and stay away from it on mobile.

This 1000 times. I was a member at HM for 2 years and left disgusted with the sheer volume of ads to fight through. HB has been a great place to read about Husker news. I will be curious about the changes but I'm not optimistic. Please keep Red Reigns chippy hind end at HM.

• Plus1 5

3 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Do college football message boards often sell the week the season starts and traffic (probably) increases?

It would be hard to collect meaningful data, since the sample size of boards sold is probably very low.

15 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

I guess ive been here when this place was hot, on a close game or controversy and the board could barely keep up before there were ads.  Im not a rich man, not by a long shot but i would gladly pay some type of subscription to never see a dam ad.  I dont need huskerboard showing me that i googled male enhancement pills or a carb kit for my chevelle every time i try to look into a game thread.

The ads are primitive.  I buy something online and then I start seeing ads for the same dang thing.  I only need one secondary drain pan for my AC but thanks for the reminder that I bought one.

• BigRedMax unfeatured and unpinned this topic