Who has been a HB member longer?

I noticed that @Blackshirt (The Creator) has September 6, 2003 as his official membership date. My signup date is only 3 days later at September 9, 2003. So I’m curious if any current users signed in to Huskerboard anywhere in the vicinity of those dates.

It must just be a fluke of timing that I found HB and signed up when I did but to my knowledge I may be the longest registered remaining regular member. So yeah, I’m bragging a bit and don’t for a minute think I won’t try to use this notoriety in some advantageous manner.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I noticed that @Blackshirt (The Creator) has September 6, 2003 as his official membership date. My signup date is only 3 days later at September 9, 2003. So I’m curious if any current users signed in to Huskerboard anywhere in the vicinity of those dates.

It must just be a fluke of timing that I found HB and signed up when I did but to my knowledge I may be the longest registered remaining regular member. So yeah, I’m bragging a bit and don’t for a minute think I won’t try to use this notoriety in some advantageous manner.

I think We talked about this a while ago. You're one of the original organic members of this site, as in, not one of the friends and family the OG owners had helping create content  when the site was new.

I've been here about 75% of the life of this board, and you still predate me by four years. 

When you consider the internet has only existed for about 23-25 years, you've been a member here for about 2/3rds the life of the whole internet.

• Plus1 1

It's impressive that you survived all the purges.  I believe I found this place about the time Pelini came in and was reading the board for several years before joining in 2012.  I think my  passion for Nebraska football waned quite a bit with the coach before Pelini so I didn't feel like discussing it.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

It's impressive that you survived all the purges.  I believe I found this place about the time Pelini came in and was reading the board for several years before joining in 2012.  I think my  passion for Nebraska football waned quite a bit with the coach before Pelini so I didn't feel like discussing it.

So you’re saying I should’ve been purged...? :lol:

Actually I don’t think I posted much if any at all for quite a few years after joining. I was probably searching for info/insight on Callahan at the time I joined. And then when he showed what he was about I probably didn’t feel like discussing it. Even after the last of the Pelini years and the Reilly travesty I would still watch the games. The Callahan era is the only time I regularly turned off and walked away from Husker games.....it may have happened once or twice with Coach sprinkles.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

So you’re saying I should’ve been purged...? :lol:

Actually I don’t think I posted much if any at all for quite a few years after joining. I was probably searching for info/insight on Callahan at the time I joined. And then when he showed what he was about I probably didn’t feel like discussing it. Even after the last of the Pelini years and the Reilly travesty I would still watch the games. The Callahan era is the only time I regularly turned off and walked away from Husker games.....it may have happened once or twice with Coach sprinkles.

Maybe :P  (OK, no)

I caught the Cahallan Texas Tech blowout at a friends wedding and was totally disgusted so I stopped watching until they made a coaching change.  The blowouts under Pelini became so predictable I would watch the first few minutes just to confirm.  It didn't take long to tell if the the team showed up or not.  Reilly was disappointing from the beginning but I usually watched the games.  I feel bad for younger fans who didn't get to experience the 80's (which kind of made up for a lot of frustrating losses to OU during the 70's) and the 90's (finally after being so close, so often).  Hopefully Frost can bring back that thrill of regularly being in the hunt for a NC.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Maybe :P  (OK, no)

I caught the Cahallan Texas Tech blowout at a friends wedding and was totally disgusted so I stopped watching until they made a coaching change.  The blowouts under Pelini became so predictable I would watch the first few minutes just to confirm.  It didn't take long to tell if the the team showed up or not.  Reilly was disappointing from the beginning but I usually watched the games.  I feel bad for younger fans who didn't get to experience the 80's (which kind of made up for a lot of frustrating losses to OU during the 70's) and the 90's (finally after being so close, so often).  Hopefully Frost can bring back that thrill of regularly being in the hunt for a NC.

Actually I must revise. I did turn off and walk away from a couple Pelini blowouts. It’s just strange because never once before Callahan would I have considered not watching each and every play from kickoff to final gun. I might have considered it during the 2001 Solich CU debacle in Boulder. Problem was I was in the stadium and too stunned at the defensive ineptitude to move out of my seat. I’m not the least bit concerned about having any similar problems as long as we have HCSF.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

When you consider the internet has only existed for about 23-25 years, you've been a member here for about 2/3rds the life of the whole internet.

And there has been a husker forum of some kind for every bit of that. Used to dial in to Husker BBS systems in the very early 90s, Usenet newsgroups, the old tough tony boards, just dozens upon dozens over the years. Huskers have always been represented well online.

• Plus1 1

I started looking for a Husker forum when Solich was fired. I think I did look at HuskerBoard, which would've been just a few months old at that point, but I ended up on the old Grand Island Independent forum's Husker board. I lurked here now and then for ages, but only made this my main board a few years ago.

• Plus1 1