LeGrone, Hunt Suspended Indefinitely

Enhance

I always hate to lose possible contributors but I really like that this program seems to once again have some standards and accountability. This tells me they’re done putting up with detrimental team conduct whether it’s legal issues, school related or attitude and commitment.

• Plus1 1

OK, wait a second. This seems much less likely to be a legal matter based on Walters' comment.

LINK

Nebraska redshirt freshmen Andre Hunt and Katerian Legrone have been suspended indefinitely from all team football activities, NU offensive coordinator Troy Walters announced Wednesday.

Walters declined to elaborate on why they were suspended or if the reasons were connected to each other.

"I don't want to get in to that," Walters said. "We're going to handle it in house. Don't want to comment on it. I don't want to get into all of that. They just won't be a part of the team right now." 

You don't handle legal matters in-house.

So maybe this is something like skipping classes?

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

OK, wait a second. This seems much less likely to be a legal matter based on Walters' comment.

Man, I don't know.  Seems like skipping class isn't something you get indefinitely suspended for and the infraction is shrouded in secrecy.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Same with a drug test, that has to go through the NCAA so not something that could be handled in house. Maybe skipping practice/meetings?

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

Man, I don't know.  Seems like skipping class isn't something you get indefinitely suspended for and the infraction is shrouded in secrecy.

Could still be a legal issue, and could still involve a female. Could involve anything at this point, I guess.

Maybe it's still in-house because (if it was a female) the Title IX office was contacted first, and legal charges haven't been filed yet?  Hard to say.

I didn't realize Walters led off with this announcement at today's presser.

• Plus1 3
32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Tell you what. This sucks to lose two guys who could be playmakers for us.

But you know what's pretty cool?   We have this new thing now called "depth," and I think we'll be OK.

The more weapons we have, the better. But if these guys are gone, there's talent available to step up.

Speaking of this, here's how TE shakes out right now:

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Could still be a legal issue, and could still involve a female. Could involve anything at this point, I guess.

Maybe it's still in-house because (if it was a female) the Title IX office was contacted first, and legal charges haven't been filed yet?  Hard to say.

I didn't realize Walters led off with this announcement at today's presser.

I wonder if there’s some sort of database where you can quantify which infractions are kept in house, which are investigated and which result in dismissal. That would be a great spreadsheet 

• Haha 1

I don't remember where I heard that the team was starting to drug test. Maybe the coaches told the team over the summer that they would begin drug testing in fall camp, giving the guys enough time for the reefer to get out of their system - around 1 month. It could be that their crack down on the weed problem is to issue harsh punishments to set an example.