LeGrone, Hunt Suspended Indefinitely

Enhance

1 minute ago, Ulty said:

A sexual assault issue would have undoubtedly been reported to both the Title IX office and the police. If it was reported only to the Title IX office, then the Title IX people share the info with the police. These are compliance issues based on federal regulations (Clery Act) and university policy.

Now, a criminal investigation conducted by police is different than a Title IX investigation conducted by the university. They can both happen at the same time, or not. And the processes for each will be different. If there was a sexual assault allegation, it is possible that a Title IX investigation is moving forward (which could result in a student conduct violation and sanctions from the university), but perhaps the victim did not want to pursue criminal charges. Maybe the police sit on it for a while until more evidence becomes available, but a Title IX investigation has to be carried out more quickly. There are plenty of reasons why none of this would show up publicly, if that is indeed what is going on.

In addition to that, since we are speculating that it is a Title IX issue based on nothing more than a cryptic Damon Benning rumor, it is entirely speculative and unfair to link Hunt and Legrone to a sexual assault claim. Sexual assault is not the only potential Title IX violation in the books (sexual harassment, stalking, indecent exposure, dating or domestic violence are other options, which are also serious of course, but different than rape). Or, since we don't actually know anything, it may not be a Title IX issue at all.

If anyone has questions about Title IX procedures on a college campus, I'm happy to answer/discuss. But I also think it is fair to pump the brakes on this level of speculation in this particular case.

Thank you for the correction

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

It's 8 pages because each page only has 15 posts, instead of 50 like it used to be.

Good point. I’m not used to the new reality yet. I guess it would only be on page 3 which would actually be a little light for typical HB blind speculation topics.

• 1 year later...

Quote from the Tweet above:  

She said LeGrone's accuser saw him come in the room while she and Hunt were having sex and didn't say "What's going on here? Hold on a minute. Stop.  "She has an obligation and a responsibility to do or say something to make the fact that she doesn't want to do this reasonably known to the person that's doing it. She has that responsibility and she didn't do that," Hughes said.  

============  

It looks like an issue that could possibly decide this case is that the victim didn't say "no".  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I think LeGrone is a slimebag, and probably a sexual predator.  I'm glad he got booted off the team and left UNL.  OTOH, if the girl is going to claim rape it seems like she should have said "no" at some point.  

• Fire 1