LeGrone, Hunt Suspended Indefinitely

Enhance

Just now, knapplc said:

Nebraska's consent law is disgusting. 

I really don't get this. Just cause someone is having consensual sex with one person isn't an open invitation to anyone else in the building to join in. This seems like some pretty common sense s#!t. Looks like another important convo I'll need to have with my daughter in the future, pretty sad the position we put young woman in...

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

They also said Legrone had done the very same thing prior to this incident with another woman who was having sex with another football player which was brought up by prosecutors.  Were no charges filed there???

Also odd that Hunt agreed to a plea deal to two misdemeanors instead of rape for testifying in this case.  Really confusing with Legrone just getting acquitted.  Hunt's trial for the two misdemeanor charges he was offered in the plea deal is set for next month.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I went and reflexedly washed my hands for 10 minutes after reading the ESPN article.  So gross. 

It was extremely disturbing...what the actual 'f' is wrong with sexual assault laws...I wonder if his attorney (Mallory Hughes) is able to sleep at night knowing that happened and basically blaming the female for what happened.

Do either one of these rapists get signed on with another team?

• Plus1 3
6 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

They also said Legrone had done the very same thing prior to this incident with another woman who was having sex with another football player which was brought up by prosecutors.  Were no charges filed there???

Also odd that Hunt agreed to a plea deal to two misdemeanors instead of rape for testifying in this case.  Really confusing with Legrone just getting acquitted.  Hunt's trial for the two misdemeanor charges he was offered in the plea deal is set for next month.

You can bet Hunt's lawyer has already been in contact with the DA backing away from that deal.

3 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

It was extremely disturbing...what the actual 'f' is wrong with sexual assault laws...I wonder if his attorney (Mallory Hughes) is able to sleep at night knowing that happened and basically blaming the female for what happened.

That's the defense attorney's job.  To provide a rigorous defense.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

What is wrong with our justice system, period?  

• Plus1 2
16 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

That's the defense attorney's job.  To provide a rigorous defense.

The outcome is unfortunate and gross, but that is the point of everyone being entitled to a defense. The defense attorney did her job, and she did it very well. The law is clear (in a bad way), and she applied the law in a way protected her client. The law is intentionally written to protect those from false accusations; unfortunately, I think this case has exposed a loophole that needs to be closed. 

That is on state legislators, not the defense attorney. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Atbone95 said:

The outcome is unfortunate and gross, but that is the point of everyone being entitled to a defense. The defense attorney did her job, and she did it very well. The law is clear (in a bad way), and she applied the law in a way protected her client. The law is intentionally written to protect those from false accusations; unfortunately, I think this case has exposed a loophole that needs to be closed. 

That is on state legislators, not the defense attorney. 

Unfortunately, this is the truth. 

• Plus1 1