Lightening Again!

13 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I just checked the weather, and thunderstorms are predicted for Saturday morning. Even though I expect the worst case is a delay, that could mean no TV coverage. In any case, it will be cruel to force Husker fans to wait 2 or 3 hours for weather to clear before we get to see the 2nd year improvements.

Sir, you are manifesting classic symptoms of PTSD - as a result of what happened just after the kickoff of the Akron game last year. Huskers fans everywhere are similarly suffering - they just are better at hiding their symptoms.

11 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Is lightning between the hours of 6AM to 1PM a thing in Nebraska? Serious question because I’ve lived outside of Nebraska for about 35 years now and I don’t recall that ever happening here in northern Colorado. About the only time we get lightning is 3PM to 3AM.

I remember back in high school our morning two-a-days we're in the gym because we would always get a thunder storm rolling through at 6am. Just depends on the time of the year in eastern Nebraska. May through June they usually happen late afternoon. Towards the end of summer they can be anytime, but seems like they usually roll through early.

From the National Weather Service forecast discussion staring on Friday and into Saturday.  BTW, each part of the country has their own NWS office, so the hurricane potentially impacting FL has no bearing on the forecast office in Omaha/Valley and their jobs.  

For tonight (Friday), much of the evening should be dry, although rain
chances do increase by late evening and overnight as another weak
wave moves out of the Rockies. It`s only a 20-40% chance, and
then just mostly showers with lows in the upper 50s and lower 60s.

That weak wave continues to move through the mid Missouri River
valley Saturday, which again, could bring a chance of showers to
the area, but instability is very limited, so thunder potential
seems small. And if it does rain, amounts would be light with just
a tenth or two of an inch. And still a very comfortable day with
highs in the lower to mid 70s.
11 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Proving once again that education in Nebraska is top noch.

this-is-why-we-can39t-have-Nice-things-meme-22203.jpg

And education in Nebraska is actually pretty decent--better than Texas, at any rate, and middle of the road compared to the nation (great for a 2m population that still values public education).

But I'm sure the Lincoln, Omaha, Columbus, Fremont, Lexington, and Tri-Cities schools are buoying the remainder of the schools in the state that fail to teach kids how to spell 'lightning' and 'notch'. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Sir, you are manifesting classic symptoms of PTSD - as a result of what happened just after the kickoff of the Akron game last year. Huskers fans everywhere are similarly suffering - they just are better at hiding their symptoms.

I often have thoughts of wanting to take cover under a dome.  I believe Moos has the same symptoms.

5 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

The latest forecast has no lightning. The forecasts are  probably less reliable than usual because of the hurricane.

Yep. Latest weather forecast is no lightning (10:00 Friday ..... Wunderground Weather).  Just light showers, only 35% or less chances, 6:00AM thru noon.  Then starting at noon ..... cloudy with zero precip.  No need sun burn protection!  BTW, upper 60/lower 70 degrees throughout.  Perfect.

Now tailgates .... be prepared.

I always worried about winds.  I hate winds.  Yes !!! Less than 10 mph !!