Not a Good Start for UCLA

Pedro G

I sporadically watched the game, but from what I did see, UCLA's quarterback had an incredibly rough night. Their last offensive drive when they were down 10 with a couple of minutes left, he completely air-balled a 3rd & 10 pass deep that had absolutely no shot of being complete and then took a sack on 4th down. He looked frazzled. And they kept turning the ball over.

Cincinnati is a favorite among the Group of 5 teams to make a New Year's Day bowl this year, at least.

51 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I sporadically watched the game, but from what I did see, UCLA's quarterback had an incredibly rough night. Their last offensive drive when they were down 10 with a couple of minutes left, he completely air-balled a 3rd & 10 pass deep that had absolutely no shot of being complete and then took a sack on 4th down. He looked frazzled. And they kept turning the ball over.

Cincinnati is a favorite among the Group of 5 teams to make a New Year's Day bowl this year, at least.

He was pretty awful all night. They were getting good pressure on him but even when he had time he was very jumpy. He had two fumbles where he just dropped the ball while winding up to throw; one was inside Cincy's 15-yard line.

35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OUCH!!!!!

Yikes.

I didn't expect this rough of a start. I thought he would do fairly well there. They had a composite 18th ranked recruiting class in 2018 and a 40 least year, so they shouldn't have that bad of players.

Kelly might be at the point, and have been at the point before he even took that job, where he just doesn't care that much. As far as competitive spirit goes. Might be the only thing he knows and he'll take a massive amount of money and a buyout when he's fired and go on to the next thing because he can and it pays.

I don't want them to do well. Chip Kelly is the only one right now who is potentially better at running an offense like Nebraska's than Frost.

For whatever reason I just had a feeling this wasn't gonna work out too well for UCLA. Even though, as someone I've heard doesn't much like to recruit, he's in a perfect spot because there are recruits all over that area.

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't want them to do well. Chip Kelly is the only one right now who is potentially better at running an offense like Nebraska's than Frost.

For whatever reason I just had a feeling this wasn't gonna work out too well for UCLA. Even though, as someone I've heard doesn't much like to recruit, he's in a perfect spot because there are recruits all over that area.

The offense he wants to run has me confused. He has the commitment of a classic pro-style QB who is like a statue in the pocket. That would be like Frost wanting to keep Tanner Lee for his offense. Huh?