*** Official South Alabama Game Thread ***

Mavric

5 minutes ago, FTW said:

I'd drink the cheap stuff with ya but save the good stuff for Colorado. It'll be worth it.

Maybe if you use the bottle as a weapon against the student section when trying to get back to your car are Folsom Field.

Save the good stuff for later this season. 

FIRST HALF OBSERVATIONS:

• Defense is going to be fine. They just needed to knock the rust off. Chinander had them in position to make plays, they just had to settle down and remember their tackling fundaments of Step, Shuffle, then Shoot.
  • Offensive line is a BIG concern. No push in the run game, and very shaky in their pass blocking.
  • Cam Jurgens - Give the kid some time. Yes his snaps were high, but he is coming off some serious injuries. Only way for him to get better is to learn in a game-situation. I wouldn't be surprised though if we see Farniok in the 2nd half.
  • JoJo Domann - Give that kid a Blackshirt...he's earned it today!

Things to look for in the 2nd half:

• More outside zone running
  • Frost's play calling will probably stay mostly vanilla. The playbook will open up next week against Colorado.
  • Look for the TE's to get more involved in the passing game.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HuskerPowerVA said:

Yeah I knew that one.  But if SF has control of this locker room like we think he does there will be a marked difference in execution and intensity during the second half. 

We will come out with adjustments but I think some of the same mistakes will still be made. My focus will be on the defense. They need to make a statement on the opening drive. Pick 6 or quick 3 and out. If not, our O might struggle to put up 21 points for the rest of the game. Also would like to see someone on the return game make a play.

3 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Maybe if you use the bottle as a weapon against the student section when trying to get back to your car are Folsom Field.

Save the good stuff for later this season.

This is what I meant, lol. Take a few drinks then smash that thing on some dumb@$$ CU fan. Totally worth it, right?

• Thanks 1