*** Official South Alabama Game Thread ***

Mavric

I thought maybe the new Kentucky kid Wandale and Washington ,if his court problems were over ,would be the focus of the offense.... as well as Speilman receiving.

That was a pretty weak offense full of dink and dunk that doesn’t inspire any confidence against the league leaders.

Martinez looked as off as ever, passing was off half the time and its clear they don’t want him injured running. Our newly recruited QBs have a shot, especially the guy coming in next year who has been well coached and is very accurate.

Anyone have the after game presser with Scott?

3 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Having close to 100 pages is really ridiculous. Why can’t we just go back to last years format? This new format makes no sense at all.

I missed last year.   What was the difference?

53 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Completely agree. That burst that he had last year when a play would break down just hasn't been there today.

What worries me is he didn't even appear to try to use a burst.  He was content to string it to the sideline......Very concerning.  Especially with the depth we have at QB this year compared to last.  IIRC he said in a recent presser if Frost wants him to run 40 times per game he would.  It looks today like he didn't want to run at all.

Unless something changes, SAL just gave teams the blue print ot beat NU this year.  Pressure Martinez.  Last year teams suffered.  This year they might feast.

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

What worries me is he didn't even appear to try to use a burst.  He was content to string it to the sideline......Very concerning.  Especially with the depth we have at QB this year compared to last.  IIRC he said in a recent presser if Frost wants him to run 40 times per game he would.  It looks today like he didn't want to run at all.

Unless something changes, SAL just gave teams the blue print ot beat NU this year.  Pressure Martinez.  Last year teams suffered.  This year they might feast.

I don't think USA came with any extra pressure in this game.  They mainly played zone coverage in the secondary, Martinez wasn't finding his receiver and holding onto the ball, and thus the 4 sacks.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't think USA came with any extra pressure in this game.  They mainly played zone coverage in the secondary, Martinez wasn't finding his receiver and holding onto the ball, and thus the 4 sacks.

Not extra pressure.  Just get to him.  Unsure what changed between last year and this, but he's a completely different QB today. 

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Not extra pressure.  Just get to him.  Unsure what changed between last year and this, but he's a completely different QB today. 

Let's see, his best weapon at RB was suspended for the first half.  He lost the receiver he had the most faith in last year.  He had to catch a number of high snaps in the first half, which throws off timing of plays.  His o-line was not getting any push on power run plays.  He also may have been told to limit the running today.  That last one is a guess on my part, but there were very few QB dart and other designed runs for Adrian today.

I agree that Adrian didn't play well.  He didn't look the same as last year.  However, there are a lot of changes to the offense compared to last year.  Yes, Adrian is the biggest returning part, but when there are changes all around him, the entire offense is going to look different.

All I know is we need Washington, Robinson, Spielman, and Stoll. Mills so far looks as over hyped as Bell. It’s only game one, so we will see. I hope we start seeing better things on offense. Again we saw a lack of production from our other wideouts, including Noa. A-Mart had a bad game, but the WRs not getting open didn’t help. Unfortunately one time A-Mart was  under pressure and failed to see a wide-open receiver and threw to the sideline, which was incomplete. 

8 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

All I know is we need Washington, Robinson, Spielman, and Stoll. Mills so far looks as over hyped as Bell. It’s only game one, so we will see. I hope we start seeing better things on offense. Again we saw a lack of production from our other wideouts, including Noa. A-Mart had a bad game, but the WRs not getting open didn’t help. Unfortunately one time A-Mart was  under pressure and failed to see a wide-open receiver and threw to the sideline, which was incomplete. 

Not to bag on Adrian, but there were multiple times I thought WR was coming open and he went elsewhere

• Fire 2