What did we learn South Alabama?

He put on 25 pounds of muscle...not 25 pounds of amazing Amigos soft tacos with ranch sauce.

If what some of these people are thinking is true...the entire team would be made up of 85 pound 4th graders.  Dude has one bad game and all of a sudden we go to the "working out is bad for you" card.  

10 out of 10 doctors agree that working out is good for you.  

• Plus1 6

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He put on 25 pounds of muscle...not 25 pounds of amazing Amigos soft tacos with ranch sauce.

If what some of these people are thinking is true...the entire team would be made up of 85 pound 4th graders.  Dude has one bad game and all of a sudden we go to the "working out is bad for you" card.  

10 out of 10 doctors agree that working out is good for you.  

I prefer the 25 pounds of crisp meats and nacho cheese sauce. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Better than at some times in the past.  The late hit helped give them their first TD and the illegal motion by Wan'Dale wiped out a big play.  The false start on the PAT was pretty dumb but didn't hurt anything.

But I would agree that it seemed better overall.

That one on Wandale was so ticky tack

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I prefer the 25 pounds of crisp meats and nacho cheese sauce. 

Oooohhh, or 25 pounds of soft pinto burritos  with ranch, nacho cheese sauce, pico, and taco sauce. 

I just learned I miss Amigo’s as much as I miss our offense from last season. :o

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

The Good

• Eric Lee - Awesome for him.  Highest-rated recruit in the 2015 class but struggled to get on the field.  Might have saved the game for us today
  • JoJo - difference maker.  Hope he's full-go soon
  • Turnovers (defensive variety)
  • Defensive Depth - We rotated often at every position except corner (and Cam Taylor can play there if needed).  Many of the biggest plays where made by non-starters (Lee, Taylor, JoJo - even Sullivan had a couple nice sticks before getting lost on the TD)
  • Wan'Dale - Looks the part.  Surprised he didn't get the ball more
  • Mo Washington - Run game is just different with him in there
  • JD's punt return was a highlight of an otherwise forgettable day for him

The Bad

• Tackling wasn't great
  • Honas - only thing keeping him out of the Ugly category is hoping he's still shaking off rust.  Looked slow
  • Must be in the NLI for JUCO RBs to fumble in their first game
  • Offense was 3rd & 15+ on each of the first three possessions

The Ugly

• A lot of the offense
  • Mills especially
  • And Martinez
  • Turnovers (offensive variety)
  • Continually running inside when it never worked (was Frank calling plays today?)
  • Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Honestly, I can't disagree w/ that assessment, based on his performance today. Even in the postgame presser he looked like he was sleepwalking or had been huffing glue or something

Martinez didn't struggle running the ball today, because he got to big and strong over the off-season....You think Epley, Duval, and Ellis would let that happen with all the science and know-how at their disposal? He definitely struggled, but that wasn't why.

Just now, dvdcrr said:

Watching Iregon Auburn

Our team doesnt look anywhere on the level of these teams, athletically, strength wise, any of it.  Not even close.

Beg to differ. Our Defense looks on par with some of these Top 25 defenses. Hell, even Michigan State had defensive lapses/gaffes/blown assignments in their game.

Offense, on the other hand...