Wan'dale Robinson

14 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Good riddance! You cannot create the culture that Frost speaks of but have the shadow of Wandale’s nfl future hanging over the team. If nobody is bigger than the team than NOBODY is bigger than the team. 

Yeah, yeah.  We hear this crap every time a good player leaves.   Hasn't exactly worked out well.  If we want a good team at some point we're just going to have to keep some good players around a while.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah, yeah.  We hear this crap every time a good player leaves.   Hasn't exactly worked out well.  If we want a good team at some point we're just going to have to keep some good players around a while.

Trust me I agree 100 percent but I’m talking about this specific situation 

29 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Good riddance! You cannot create the culture that Frost speaks of but have the shadow of Wandale’s nfl future hanging over the team. If nobody is bigger than the team than NOBODY is bigger than the team. 

Ya.. how dare a kid want to go spend more time with his sick mom.

I get those who think the family angle is an excuse but sick of blaming kids who seemed all in and then leave to make their life better.

Wandale wasnt highlighted. Maybe that wasnt all Frosts fault but it seemed to me like Wandale gave his all and it didnt work. Add on top of that, that his mom is sick. 

I am bummed he is leaving. But lets get rid of this narrative that he didnt give his call or that his future NFL aspirations somehow got in the way.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, I am I said:

Yeah? How we gonna ‘dive’ into it? That’s stupid. Every players situation is different, but the common denominator is Frost culture. So of course all fingers will point to frost, but it’s not a linear equation. 

I don't know that you can call out the culture as the reason so many of Frost's receivers have transferred. A few have things in common, even culture for some, but just saying the players that transferred in a 3 year period played under the same coach isn't really saying much.

For the receivers that left:

• Woodyard - could argue it's culture, could argue he wasn't good and wasn't playing.
  • Hunt - the only 'culture' aspect is whether they knew he was a terrible person when they offered him. Mitigating factor is they threw the class together as well, shorter time to feel that out.
  • LeGrone - same as Hunt
  • Watt - not culture, didn't qualify
  • McGriff - just wasn't good. Again, could be culture but more likely a gamble on a project recruit didn't work out.
  • Chase - mental health and needing to be closer to home 
  • Fleming - culture sure, but from the sounds of it the piece of the culture he didn't like was off field expectations. The piece I'm fine losing players over.
  • Wan'Dale - needed to be closer to family.

The only way there's even a thread of culture problems is if you think 2 players are lying about why they left, or if you consider kicking sexual offenders off the team a "culture problem." If the culture problems were enough for Wan'Dale to leave, I think it would be a different tweet. Probably not "the culture is terrible," but there would be a dig or two in there. Why would you intentionally gloss over culture problems if they exist when you're leaving? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Ya.. how dare a kid want to go spend more time with his sick mom.

I get those who think the family angle is an excuse but sick of blaming kids who seemed all in and then leave to make their life better.

Wandale wasnt highlighted. Maybe that wasnt all Frosts fault but it seemed to me like Wandale gave his all and it didnt work. Add on top of that, that his mom is sick. 

I am bummed he is leaving. But lets get rid of this narrative that he didnt give his call or that his future NFL aspirations somehow got in the way.

Don’t put words in my mouth sir. Never spoke a word about wandales character or reason for leaving 

55 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

3 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Don’t put words in my mouth sir. Never spoke a word about wandales character or reason for leaving 

Can you clarify what you were saying then? Because the 'good riddance' implies some reason you don't like. Or if it's just the NFL future, should we not recruit kids with NFL potential to avoid that "hanging over the team?" We don't have to wallow and whine about what the team will do now, but that doesn't mean him leaving is a good thing by any means. 

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't know that you can call out the culture as the reason so many of Frost's receivers have transferred. A few have things in common, even culture for some, but just saying the players that transferred in a 3 year period played under the same coach isn't really saying much.

For the receivers that left:

• Woodyard - could argue it's culture, could argue he wasn't good and wasn't playing.
  • Hunt - the only 'culture' aspect is whether they knew he was a terrible person when they offered him. Mitigating factor is they threw the class together as well, shorter time to feel that out.
  • LeGrone - same as Hunt
  • Watt - not culture, didn't qualify
  • McGriff - just wasn't good. Again, could be culture but more likely a gamble on a project recruit didn't work out.
  • Chase - mental health and needing to be closer to home 
  • Fleming - culture sure, but from the sounds of it the piece of the culture he didn't like was off field expectations. The piece I'm fine losing players over.
  • Wan'Dale - needed to be closer to family.

The only way there's even a thread of culture problems is if you think 2 players are lying about why they left, or if you consider kicking sexual offenders off the team a "culture problem." If the culture problems were enough for Wan'Dale to leave, I think it would be a different tweet. Probably not "the culture is terrible," but there would be a dig or two in there. Why would you intentionally gloss over culture problems if they exist when you're leaving? 

Maybe we need to get better at recruiting lower tier guys we can develop, keep and that want to play.  Better evaulation, not just chasing stars.  Skill position recruiting (other than TE) has and continues to be a complete sh!t show.  Can't keep the guys we get or get them ready to play.  We now have no WR, no RB (unk about Mills staying)....And we are heading into year 4.  And that's BS.  Spare me the every school goes through this....Year 4 and we are void of any skill player (save TE/QB) that has played more than 2 minutes.  That's not culture.  That's coaching.  I want Frost to succeed, but dude needs some SERIOUS help.

Best of luck to Wan'dale.  That kid was a "dude" and we need a lot more dudes.  Family first.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, lo country said:

Maybe we need to get better at recruiting lower tier guys we can develop, keep and that want to play.  Better evaulation, not just chasing stars.  Skill position recruiting (other than TE) has and continues to be a complete sh!t show.  Can't keep the guys we get or get them ready to play.  We now have no WR, no RB (unk about Mills staying)....And we are heading into year 4.  And that's BS.  Spare me the every school goes through this....Year 4 and we are void of any skill player (save TE/QB) that has played more than 2 minutes.  That's not culture.  That's coaching.  I want Frost to succeed, but dude needs some SERIOUS help.

Best of luck to Wan'dale.  That kid was a "dude" and we need a lot more dudes.  Family first.

Riley lost games but at least he won the off-season. 

Frost loses more games and loses the offseason. Extension time? 

• Plus1 4
18 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Can you clarify what you were saying then? Because the 'good riddance' implies some reason you don't like. Or if it's just the NFL future, should we not recruit kids with NFL potential to avoid that "hanging over the team?" We don't have to wallow and whine about what the team will do now, but that doesn't mean him leaving is a good thing by any means. 

Good riddance because Frost had blinders on when it came to Wandale. When we were in the red zone forcing touches to him up the middle instead of a bigger back was a major red flag IMO. Frost needs stop and understand the direction of the program starts with him being a leader of men. I’m not blaming any kid for leaving because for 1 they are kids and the the transfer portal gives them a reason to avoid dealing with problems when things get hard and for 2 Frost doesn’t seem completely in control of his locker room maybe this will be a wake up call for him to rally his troops and not just the personalities that are easier to deal with

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson