Wan'dale Robinson

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree, but the fact that we have many players who feel the grass is brown at Nebraska is the real concern in my opinion.  When Nebraska was good we did not see many players in key roles opting to leave for greener pastures.  Right now our pastures really stink. :)

What era are you referring to?

We are message-boarding about our best offensive player. He’s a good player and has represented us well. It’s a definite loss for next year.   I wish he woulda stayed. 

im watching the CFP championship game...Alabama has 4-5 Wan’dale. 

tOSU has 3-4  Wan’dales

would Newcombe have left after Crouch debacle? Would Sims or Benning have stayed when Fr Ahman Green beat them out?  Or Lavonte D left after sitting the first 4-5 games?  Would Suh just go pro in today’s college FB world?  Would Carlos Polk redshirt nowadays?  

what I’m saying is...competition used to be so high that it was apparent who deserved to play and who the best players are. If they didn’t like it? See ya
now we have guys transferring because it’s easy to transfer and because players think they are better than they are, no clear cut badasses. 

like tOSU and Bama can lose a Wan’dale and it sucks, but they ain’t crying over spilled milk. We are arguing and crying over spilled milk. 
I’m done crying about that, I’m ready for the next man up and see what we can do next year with finally a majority of Soph and Jr’s instead of Fr and RFr. 

good luck Wan’dale. Ya fast, but you ain’t Smith or Moore fast. Ya quick but ya damn small. You’re a great kid w a good attitude, but not tough enough to stick it out with literally $100k’s  invested in you from recruitment to this point.  I hope your mom recovers and you are close to her during that time, but NFL? lol 

no way buddy 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree, but the fact that we have many players who feel the grass is brown at Nebraska is the real concern in my opinion.  When Nebraska was good we did not see many players in key roles opting to leave for greener pastures.  Right now our pastures really stink. :)

Totally agree with your point.  I am just pointing out that many guys think they are better elsewhere only to not flourish. I hope JD's mental health is better.....but his production on the field would have been 100 x better here. Furthermore, he was rumored to be one of the guys not buying in here.

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

Well, many (including you) were screaming "play the freshmen!".....so recruiting lower tier guys that need development ain't gonna help that.

Our skill position players will look better once the OL looks better.

Frost played up his undefeated season best he could for recruiting, but following the Mike Riley tenure at Nebraska was no picnic even with the UCF success.

Foster and Farmer were Pelini guys....and the last couple of seasons we've seen the drop-off to the Riley guys.  That's why Benhart and Piper played so much.  They were better than the upperclassmen, but far from experienced.

The OL is the hardest group.

You know me. I'll own up all day long.  I called for all the young guns to play.  Throw em all in.   Lower tier guys-Guys that are raw, but can play.  Guys that are dudes.  Guys that want to come to NU vs us fighting everyone else for their services.  not saying to not go after them, but we have had quite a few guys not pan out. We need to get them game ready A LOT faster than we do.  Held-Looking at you.....The whole no block, no rock? That's worked out great.  Our best blocking WR has ended up on the bench.....I understand the need for that. If that's the case, better have a damn good running game.  Because right now, not much block and even less rock.  And how many more years will stop the holding?  Stop the penalties?  Stop the whiffs on the OL?  That's not talent.  That's coaching.  Or lack there of.  With Oregon O/UCF offense, you can overcome some of this.  Not with the B1G.  Not with his offense as it is....Back to the circular argument, no RB, WR etc....

Guys like Garret Nelson, JoJo, Piper, etc....They can ball out, but might need some developing.  Getting these type guys ie street fighters, who will stay with the program.  We won't be having this conversation every year about no RB, no receiver, a TE for center etc....

We have a gigantic mess on our hands.  What ever Frost is/isn't doing is killing us.  It isn't working.  Year 3 and we have yet to crack .500......No RB....No WR.....D looking solid.  Improving. Getting solid recruits.  Need to quit blaming Riley......

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, HANC said:

Totally agree with your point.  I am just pointing out that many guys think they are better elsewhere only to not flourish. I hope JD's mental health is better.....but his production on the field would have been 100 x better here. Furthermore, he was rumored to be one of the guys not buying in here.

It's odd that he would not buy in here when his production was so good.  So he was maybe buying in more to Riley than Frost?  

When the season ends and players are out of their playing bubble, I am sure many of them are able to take a step back and look at where this program stands just as many fans do who are not on the ground as part of that bubble.  Some of these players may look at the current staff, and with no movement this offseason, come to the conclusion that 2021 will look a lot like 2020 did regarding the games that we played. I think we are seeing more leave on the offensive side of the ball than the defensive side of the ball which aligns with the data that things hvae been trending worse on offense over the past 3 years.

21 minutes ago, HANC said:

We love to assume that JD is miserable, but im not sure how important football is to him. Seems that lacrosse was his first love. So maybe he totally happy living in the sun out of this pressure cooker. 

Just now, krc1995 said:

We love to assume that JD is miserable, but im not sure how important football is to him. Seems that lacrosse was his first love. So maybe he totally happy living in the sun out of this pressure cooker. 

Which is exactly why I stated that I hope he is a better place mentally than he was here. Mentally he is probably much happier, but if the topic was more touches, better for nfl future, well......

I am sure Wandale will be at a better mental state being closer to home with mother who battles health issues. 

He a absolutely gave us everything he had and played with hits even knowing he was leaving. Not sure he necessarily needed to add the leaving for a program to better prepare for future....as  classy as he has been, I think that jab wasnt called for, even if it is true.

3 minutes ago, uberism said:

I honestly don't ever want to see a "Wandale" brought in by Frost ever again. Just look at the natty game tonight. Zero 5'8 175 players on that field. I want WR's that are close to 6'0'' or taller and have 200+ pound frames....and fast. More Betts, fewer Wandales. 

Wan'Dale would eat if we had a couple good tall WR. This is a terrible take and you should take a break from the internet.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, uberism said:

I honestly don't ever want to see a "Wandale" brought in by Frost ever again. Just look at the natty game tonight. Zero 5'8 175 players on that field. I want WR's that are close to 6'0'' or taller and have 200+ pound frames....and fast. More Betts, fewer Wandales. 

I definitely see most guys like that as system guys. Typically they aren’t going to be game breakers by themselves like a true wide receiver but I’d still take him on my team any day. You wouldn’t take DPE?

2 minutes ago, Farms said:

5 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Wan'Dale would eat if we had a couple good tall WR. This is a terrible take and you should take a break from the internet.

Wandale isn't anywhere near the athlete OSU, and especially Alabama has on the field tonight.... Not that Nebraska could get those guys.

• Fire 1
10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Wandale isn't anywhere near the athlete OSU, and especially Alabama has on the field tonight.... Not that Nebraska could get those guys.

As a die hard and homer fan, I have finally realized that we have been so devoid of overall talent that we look at a "great" current player and believe him to be all world, high draft (or minimum round 4) and we continually get beat, see little to no drafted players etc....Then watch top tier teams and realize that "our guy" might not even make the roster of some of these teams.  And if they did, wouldn't be in the 2 deep.  

On the other hand, look at Joe Burrow....He didn't shine until LSU......Got a shot.  Great talent around him.......Burrow comes to NU he'd be no bueno.  Not close to what he was at LSU.  Talent, scheme, coaching etc....So maybe Wan'dale becomes that guy.  That change.  Watching Bama tonight, Smith wouldn't even be in the discussion for honorable mention B1G at NU.  Oh and no block, no rock might not have ever seen the field:D

• Fire 2
38 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Nah, you are the one with the bad take. There is a reason Wandale never brook one to the house when using top end speed. He was mostly good for short catches in space. that is NEVER going to beat Ohio state. The play that Betts had against Penn state is the electric athletic ability that can win you games against Ohio State. Look back at every win against PSU and OSU while Nebraska has been in the Big Ten....zero Wandale types were on the WR unit playing in those games. 

People overrate Wandale. He is good but not a special talent. Betts is a special talent. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 2
1 hour ago, uberism said:

Just give me some speed and ball skills.  I doubt many of the receivers playing tonight break 200lbs.  But, I would take another Quincy Enunwa any day.  

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, uberism said:

Nah, you are the one with the bad take. There is a reason Wandale never brook one to the house when using top end speed. He was mostly good for short catches in space. that is NEVER going to beat Ohio state. The play that Betts had against Penn state is the electric athletic ability that can win you games against Ohio State. Look back at every win against PSU and OSU while Nebraska has been in the Big Ten....zero Wandale types were on the WR unit playing in those games. 

People overrate Wandale. He is good but not a special talent. Betts is a special talent. 

I understand what you are trying to say and Betts has tremendous up side, but Wandale was/is a special talent.  He would have benefited greatly with more talent around him and consist QB play.  While OSU and Alabama’s wr talent is elite, they have many great players at that position, we do not.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson