Wan'dale Robinson

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

Just give me some speed and ball skills.  I doubt many of the receivers playing tonight break 200lbs.  But, I would take another Quincy Enunwa any day.  

Frost has been recruiting "Quincy" types the last class and current class. Even the new incoming transfer is 6'3''. There are 4 incoming WR's and all are 6'2'' or taller. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, uberism said:

I honestly don't ever want to see a "Wandale" brought in by Frost ever again. Just look at the natty game tonight. Zero 5'8 175 players on that field. I want WR's that are close to 6'0'' or taller and have 200+ pound frames....and fast. More Betts, fewer Wandales. 

I hate to break it to you... but Devonta Smith is barely over 6'0" and much lighter than 200lbs. 

He's okay at playing wide receiver. 

• Plus1 1

Fidone is correct. 

Bama, Clemson, OU, tOSU....they all reigning champs and have the cycle of pro-turns. 

I heard on the game cast Bama OT is 6’7” and 360 lbs? I mean, that’s a human wall. Plus Smith and Harris? Lol, that’s some 90s N s#!t right there. 

we have some walls now, we have a couple 6’2” WR, we have a D that’s gotten better by inches, we have a Sr QB...

I’m  excited for next year. I think we’ll be good, not great, but breaking thru some of these f’ing 6-10 pt losses we’ve had the last 3 yrs. We are on the up 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, uberism said:

Nah, you are the one with the bad take. There is a reason Wandale never brook one to the house when using top end speed. He was mostly good for short catches in space. that is NEVER going to beat Ohio state. The play that Betts had against Penn state is the electric athletic ability that can win you games against Ohio State. Look back at every win against PSU and OSU while Nebraska has been in the Big Ten....zero Wandale types were on the WR unit playing in those games. 

People overrate Wandale. He is good but not a special talent. Betts is a special talent. 

I agree wandale lacked top end speed. I made that case prior and others blindly defended him and made excuses why he didn’t break any long plays. The eye test he is just not game breaking speed. Very quick but not elite fast. I guess the NFL combine will solve that debate 

7 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

I hate to break it to you... but Devonta Smith is barely over 6'0" and much lighter than 200lbs. 

He's okay at playing wide receiver. 

ESPN profile says 6-1, so 4-5” is kind of a big deal. Also if you watched him play yesterday and think wandale is remotely as fast. There is no point discussing this further. They are not in the same stratosphere of player and talent. Wandale is a great player and great talent- no doubt. But Smith is ridiculous 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Wandale isn't anywhere near the athlete OSU, and especially Alabama has on the field tonight.... Not that Nebraska could get those guys.

We might not be able to get "those guys", but every once in awhile we did.

What we used to do better then anyone else, was develop those exact type of guys.

I don't think the kids now will wait their turn. Frost has to hit on his take, on a kids willing to work, and have the right attitude, from one or two meetings?

First or second impression's don't always give you the whole picture. 

Give Frost time, and lets hope he turns the corner next year. 

GBR!!!

Wandale is a good football player and we would have been better next year without him.  He isn't at talented as Smith in both speed and receiving skills.  However, what struck me is how wide open Smith was constantly last night.  This is a direct result of so many other weapons around him.  This is a major factor that Wandale did not have here.  The defenses were able to key on him heavily because they didn't have to worry so much about other play makers making great plays.

Looking forward, players like Alante Brown can be very good receivers for us, but, for them to shine we also need players like Betts, Fidone, Manning and an RB from somewhere to step up and start making plays on a regular basis.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, uberism said:

He is taller, faster, and weighs more than Wandale. Much larger catch radius. 

Wandale weighs about 20lbs more than Devonta Smith. FWIW. 

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

ESPN profile says 6-1, so 4-5” is kind of a big deal. Also if you watched him play yesterday and think wandale is remotely as fast. There is no point discussing this further. They are not in the same stratosphere of player and talent. Wandale is a great player and great talent- no doubt. But Smith is ridiculous 

And ESPN lists Wandale at 5'10". I did not compare the two receiver, I was responding to the comment we should only pursue WRs who are 6'0" or taller and 200lb+ frames. 

8 hours ago, I am I said:

Fidone is correct. 

Bama, Clemson, OU, tOSU....they all reigning champs and have the cycle of pro-turns. 

I heard on the game cast Bama OT is 6’7” and 360 lbs? I mean, that’s a human wall. Plus Smith and Harris? Lol, that’s some 90s N s#!t right there. 

we have some walls now, we have a couple 6’2” WR, we have a D that’s gotten better by inches, we have a Sr QB...

I’m  excited for next year. I think we’ll be good, not great, but breaking thru some of these f’ing 6-10 pt losses we’ve had the last 3 yrs. We are on the up 

I will have some of what this man is drinking, please. 

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson