Wan'dale Robinson

10 hours ago, uberism said:

That right there shows why there were more L's than W's. Only time when you can get away with something like that from a usage perspeive is if your RB is rushing for close to 1,500 yards or more. You can't have one WR among the top in the nation for usage. Makes it too easy for a defense to gameplan. 

Yep.  It's pretty telling that the Heisman trophy winner was a WR on the NC team and he wasn't even used nearly as much as Wandale.  

His usage is not an indication of how good he was, it's an indication of how few options Frost had around him.

Smith for Bama averaged 10 touches a game.  That was between receiving,  KOR and PR. 

Wandale averaged 12 touches a game between receiving and rushing. 

Bama used Smith every which way they could.  He even had some carries on the year. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Smith for Bama averaged 10 touches a game.  That was between receiving,  KOR and PR. 

Wandale averaged 12 touches a game between receiving and rushing. 

Bama used Smith every which way they could.  He even had some carries on the year. 

So, Smith was at 10.  Wandale was at 12.  Wandale didn't do KOR or PR.

So.....in the actual offense, he received far fewer touches.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No surprise, but Wandale has announced he's headed to Kentucky.  It's where his family and "advisors" have wanted him to be all along.

I think this really indicates him leaving was much more about family than his utilization.  If his priority was to get better touches, there were several schools that could have highlighted his abilities much better than Kentucky within a few hours of home.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I think this really indicates him leaving was much more about family than his utilization.  If his priority was to get better touches, there were several schools that could have highlighted his abilities much better than Kentucky within a few hours of home.   

Kentucky is one of the few P5 schools he could have gone to that had a worse passing offense than us. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No surprise, but Wandale has announced he's headed to Kentucky.  It's where his family and "advisors" have wanted him to be all along.

I truly think Wan’Dale wanted to be here. Family issues beyond health made him come home. Same family issues/trainer on why he originally flipped to Kentucky. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Hilltop said:

I think this really indicates him leaving was much more about family than his utilization.  If his priority was to get better touches, there were several schools that could have highlighted his abilities within a few hours of home.   

Yeah, I really don't know how I feel about the utilization comments - that seems like it's coming from somewhere else. If you can play, the NFL will find you. Either way I wish him well, he was a good leader while he was here and it's a minor miracle we got him away from Kentucky in the first place. Wish it would've worked out here but it didn't.

2 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Kentucky is one of the few P5 schools he could have gone to that had a worse passing offense than us. 

Yeah I don't know who is going to be throwing him the ball, but he will probably miss Martinez. As crazy as that sounds to some people.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Decked said:

I truly think Wan’Dale wanted to be here. Family issues beyond health made him come home. Same family issues/trainer on why he originally flipped to Kentucky. 

Agree !  He and some on HB knew he was gone before the season was over. Just look at his excitement vs Rutgers. Kid wanted to be here. Gave 1000%, knowing circumstances were taking him home. Family wanted him home from beginning and mom gets really sick, making it too much to stay. Again, family is huge !

• Plus1 1

Best of luck to him. He seems like a good kid. I normally don't pay much attention to transfers after they have left but will be interested to see how he progresses at UK. Plus, I used to live about halfway between Lexington and Frankfort so I do have a very slight interest in them anyway. But more so for basketball which for their fans is equivalent to football for NU fans. Football is more of an afterthought, or least it used to be.

• Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson