Wan'dale Robinson

11 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

From a family perspective he had to do what he had to do and that's perfectly understandable. I do think from a football perspective he is going to regret this though. 

in the end it could be a wash as Kentucky isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut or they could make him the face of their offense and find creative ways to get him the ball in space and better set him (and them) up for success.  I'll be watching that's for sure.  Since he never reached his full potential here it's hard to say which direction his football career goes as a Wildcat.    

• Plus1 1

Obviously a very tough loss for the program. I'll never wish anything bad on people who transfer, as they all have their reasons for doing it. Here, it seems as if there was a family medical issue as well as other voices in his head. You can't fault someone for putting their family first as he has. Wan'Dale will be one of the few transfers we've had that I'll make sure to keep an eye on in his future. He gave his all to this team every game and took some heavy punishment for it at times. He wore the scarlet and cream proudly and was nothing but class off the field as well. Best of luck to him in the future!

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

in the end it could be a wash as Kentucky isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut or they could make him the face of their offense and find creative ways to get him the ball in space and better set him (and them) up for success.  I'll be watching that's for sure.  Since he never reached his full potential here it's hard to say which direction his football career goes as a Wildcat.    

Their new OC is a McVay disciple, on the record as focusing on things like bunch formations, play action, and rollouts. So I don't think they're going to go out of their way to feature a WR, but receivers have done well in the system. I'm sure he'll tweak it for college too though, so who knows. He should get some jet sweep carries and can model his game after someone like Brandin Cooks, so not a terrible fit. But again, unless they pull a transfer QB last minute or the new OC is a legit QB whisperer, this first year is going to be ugly. 

Kenf#&%y has one of the worst offenses in the country, far worse than ours. I don't think this really had much to do with us, this year's events and his usage were just an excuse for people back home to get in his ear again.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

There used to be a time in the not so distant past where I'd be very disappointed in this news and it would be heart breaking, but in the new age times of the transfer portals, and this whole new era of athlete, this is going to be the normal. Besides being away from home, this dude was the only offensive player we had, our entire offense revolved around him, the only thing lacking at Nebraska was being close to home and being on a winning team.

Recruiting landscapes are going to be very interesting in 2-3 years from now with the rampant use of the transfer portal. The college game is rapidly changing and not for the better. 

1 hour ago, Decked said:

I truly think Wan’Dale wanted to be here. Family issues beyond health made him come home. Same family issues/trainer on why he originally flipped to Kentucky. 

I’d guess his family/trainer finally convinced him that they will get him over the hurdle to the next level better than Nebraska can.  That’s what this is about. Being closer to family is just an excuse used to let us down easier. I get why he said it.  
If Daddy and Trainee were going to have this much influence over him, then he should have just stuck with Kentucky in the first place. All parties would have been better off for it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

43 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I’d guess his family/trainer finally convinced him that they will get him over the hurdle to the next level better than Nebraska can.  That’s what this is about. Being closer to family is just an excuse used to let us down easier. I get why he said it.  
If Daddy and Trainee were going to have this much influence over him, then he should have just stuck with Kentucky in the first place. All parties would have been better off for it.  

Wan'dale chose Nebraska, where he became the single favorite tool in nationally heralded coach Scott Frost's offense two years running. 

Whether he was over-used or misused, Wan'dale's skills were on televised display every week, and promoted by every announcer covering the games. His NFL prospects have always been sketchy, but it's hard to imagine another team putting his talents on display like Nebraska did. Also hard to imagine he gets those touches with a better stable of talent.

So from a football POV, it's hard to say Wan'dale made the wrong choice coming to Nebraska. His family should have been happy for him. 

But if I'm his mom watching Wan'dale getting hung out to dry on high passes on crossing routes, I'm gonna want him home for his own safety. 

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wan'dale chose Nebraska, where he became the single favorite tool in nationally heralded coach Scott Frost's offense two years running. 

Whether he was over-used or misused, Wan'dale's skills were on televised display every week, and promoted by every announcer covering the games. His NFL prospects have always been sketchy, but it's hard to imagine another team putting his talents on display like Nebraska did. Also hard to imagine he gets those touches with a better stable of talent.

So from a football POV, it's hard to say Wan'dale made the wrong choice coming to Nebraska. His family should have been happy for him. 

But if I'm his mom watching Wan'dale getting hung out to dry on high passes on crossing routes, I'm gonna want him home for his own safety. 

I can't imagine his draft stock rising at Kentucky.  However, he's a great young man and I think he will be successful doing whatever he does after football.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I’d guess his family/trainer finally convinced him that they will get him over the hurdle to the next level better than Nebraska can.

If they seriously convinced him of that, they must have some silver tongues. Kentucky was the #115 total offense, #107 scoring offense, and #122 (out of 127) passing offense.

Yeah, if improving my NFL prospects as a WR were my real goal, I'd totally want to go be part of the #122 passing offense!

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

we honestly didn't have a decent qb that could throw to him.  i fear more of the same this year, our qb's are not consistent at all.

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Toe said:

If they seriously convinced him of that, they must have some silver tongues. Kentucky was the #115 total offense, #107 scoring offense, and #122 (out of 127) passing offense.

Yeah, if improving my NFL prospects as a WR were my real goal, I'd totally want to go be part of the #122 passing offense!

Well Kentucky is bringing in the QB coach from the LA Rams as their new OC so that probably drew some of the attention. But it is probably true that the trainer and family had been putting pressure (in some capacity) on him to return closer to home. I recall those two being particularly involved in his initial recruitment a few years ago that seemed to be a little excessive which was why Frost was ready to walk away after his initial commitment to Kentucky. 

• Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson