Wan'dale Robinson

I haven't seen anyone speculate about the conference angle but I wonder if a little bit of his decision didn't have to do with the differences in how the B1G and SEC handled Covid. The SEC played more games and had some fans in the stands. I have to believe that matters at least a little bit to the players. Seems reasonable to suspect that things might not be completely returned to normal next season and the SEC is more likely to offer something closer to a typical football experience.

Sorry, a little bored this afternoon...

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But if I'm his mom watching Wan'dale getting hung out to dry on high passes on crossing routes, I'm gonna want him home for his own safety. 

This seemed to happen a lot with JD.  I don’t recall it being as much of a problem with Wandale though.  But that’s just part of the game unfortunately. Probably happens more with shorter receivers I’m guessing.  

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

This seemed to happen a lot with JD.  I don’t recall it being as much of a problem with Wandale though.  But that’s just part of the game unfortunately. Probably happens more with shorter receivers I’m guessing.  

Wan’Dale got smoked. It comes with the territory of being a smaller WR with an already inaccurate QB putting those guys into bad positions across the middle. Both of them got laid out to dry a lot. Tough SOBs. I think that’s one of many reasons why we are recruiting length. Don’t have to be as accurate with a 6’2 or 6’3 WR than a guy who is 5’8. 

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Wan’Dale got smoked. It comes with the territory of being a smaller WR with an already inaccurate QB putting those guys into bad positions across the middle. Both of them got laid out to dry a lot. Tough SOBs. I think that’s one of many reasons why we are recruiting length. Don’t have to be as accurate with a 6’2 or 6’3 WR than a guy who is 5’8. 

Tbf I saw this happen to opponent WRs in most if not all of our games this year. 

Just now, krc1995 said:

How could anyone hate on WR? Nothing but the best from me. Same with JD. 

I’m starting to get more players to watch on other teams then I have for us. 

I have no ill will towards WR at all either.  I do think family was a part of this but so too was not being happy with how he was being utilized on offense.  He basically said as much.  Despite him leaving he'll always be a Husker to me.  Proud of him for the way he handled himself and represented us while he was here.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Tend to agree that the conference angle had an impact here.

SEC vs B1G. 

WR wasn’t winning at Neb. He’s not going to win @ Kentucky either but he can put that on tape vs. SEC kids. When you add in his mother’s issues; really seems like he made the right call. 

He laid it on the line each Saturday while with big red. I’ll always respect that. Hope he tears it up into the future unless we happen to play them/him!

The frost angle of investment rings true. 

recruit, commit, design, lift, train, feed, tape, practice, games....Wan’dale was Frost’s focus. So much energy making him the focal. 

it sucks for Frost and it sucks the program to invest so much, which they do for like 90 players, but especially Wan’dale. Good luck to Wan’dale, I hope he gets what he wants but I also hope other players see how much investment it takes to raise players. And I hope they stay instead of bail. 

• Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson