Wan'dale Robinson

3 minutes ago, Undone said:

Until we have a little better margins with better stability on both sides of the ball, I think I'd rather have a guy with sure hands back there. I know JD dropped that one against South Alabama but all in all, he has great hands.

I don't disagree with you.  With that being said, seeing what kind of athlete Wan'Dale is, I would be shocked if the kid wasn't able to excel at returning punts.  

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

Does anyone else feel that Wan'Dale should be returning punts?  I love JD, but he doesn't have the same violent side step or the same explosiveness that Wan'Dale has.  Just to clarify, I love me some JD, he is a smooth athlete, but Wan'Dale is freaky in space.

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

Until we have a little better margins with better stability on both sides of the ball, I think I'd rather have a guy with sure hands back there. I know JD dropped that one against South Alabama but all in all, he has great hands.

What is wrong with JD fielding punts?  He already has a TD return this year and is ranked 11th for average return yards.  We aren't talking about putting Santino Panico back there. JD is one of the best returners in the country.  Why mess with that?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

What is wrong with JD fielding punts?  He already has a TD return this year and is ranked 11th for average return yards.  We aren't talking about putting Santino Panico back there. JD is one of the best returners in the country.  Why mess with that?

I'm not trying to start a heated debate on this, I am totally fine with JD returning punts.  My humble opinion is that Wan'Dale has a different kind of running skill that would benefit a punt returner.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
52 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

Does anyone else feel that Wan'Dale should be returning punts?  I love JD, but he doesn't have the same violent side step or the same explosiveness that Wan'Dale has.  Just to clarify, I love me some JD, he is a smooth athlete, but Wan'Dale is freaky in space.

44 minutes ago, Undone said:

Wan'dale is actually third on the depth chart as PR. So, I am guessing it's like Undone said, maybe he isn't sure handed fielding them.

I do agree though that Wan'dale would be electric as a PR. Priority #1 is fielding it though.

• Fire 1

He's a dynamic shifty runner but what really stands out is how fast he runs when he sees an opening.  When he gets running room he flies and does it without fear.  When I see that I cringe and think someone is going to splatter him but he doesn't.  I think how fast he runs takes a lot of would be tacklers by surprise and he blows right past them.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

He's a dynamic shifty runner but what really stands out is how fast he runs when he sees an opening.  When he gets running room he flies and does it without fear.  When I see that I cringe and think someone is going to splatter him but he doesn't.  I think how fast he runs takes a lot of would be tacklers by surprise and he blows right past them.

It's natural to worry about him getting rocked as he often looks smaller than guys. He trucked some defenders tonight though. 

• Plus1 2

• Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson has entered the transfer portal.