Wan'dale Robinson

If we hadn't kept running him into Wisconsin's wall repeatedly, I doubt he slows down like he did when he got hammered on a fairly routine looking play.  The inside pounding made him slow enough to catch by Wisconsin's slower linebacker.  Prior to that he was pretty elusive.  He is a perimeter threat, but he is unlikely to fit into the role Mills can do.  I get the whole concealing tendencies idea, but making guys do what they do poorly is a predictable recipe.  The biggest improvement Mills had was not talent-wise, it was understanding the play calls.  Wandale came in and had enough reps he should know the offense well enough by now to play the role for which he was recruited.  But if this staff intends to keep pounding him between tackles, we're going to see him lose a step at going wide.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

For sure! I know people have talked about needing the bigger bodied guys (hopefully Manning and Betts), but last year we were small and slow. Obviously JD and Wan'Dale have the speed, but Noa/Warner did not and Williams didn't play fast. TE also didn't have a lot of speed. Even when the bigger guys aren't on the field, a WR group of JD, Wan'Dale, Chase, Nance, Houston, and the new guys (Fleming/Brown/Nixon) has enough speed to work without size. Throw in Manning/Betts and I'm very excited.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson has entered the transfer portal.
  • Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson