Wan'dale Robinson

On 9/23/2019 at 2:11 AM, The Dude said:

I'm just going to say it.  He looks to be our best runningback.

Completely agree. At WR he's just a really good athlete that still needs to rely on the QB (who has some vision issues) to get him the ball. In the backfield I dare say he makes opposing D's feel the strain.

23 minutes ago, H2h said:

Completely agree. At WR he's just a really good athlete that still needs to rely on the QB (who has some vision issues) to get him the ball. In the backfield I dare say he makes opposing D's feel the strain.

I honestly thought we recruited him as a running back. Isnt that what he was in high school?

1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

If you play him at WR you can have more weapons on the field (with Mo or Mills in the backfield).

I know... "Thank you, Captain Obvious."

The lineup of death mentioned before the season would have Mo and Wandale on the field with JD, Noa (assumed to be 2nd best WR), and Stoll.  It could easily go 5 wide, 11 personnel (with Mo OR Wandale in the backfield), 12 personnel (with Mo AND Wandale in the backfield), or 4 wide with Stoll lined up tight.

23 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The lineup of death mentioned before the season would have Mo and Wandale on the field with JD, Noa (assumed to be 2nd best WR), and Stoll.  It could easily go 5 wide, 11 personnel (with Mo OR Wandale in the backfield), 12 personnel (with Mo AND Wandale in the backfield), or 4 wide with Stoll lined up tight.

Yup. And I'm pretty sure SF has been saving something special like that for Ohio State. Force the defense to pick its poison.

1 minute ago, Jarhead In Red said:

It's impressive to me that Wandale can run inside as well as he does. He isn't a big guy, but the pile usually moves backward when he energetically slams into it. He's a fun dude to watch......

He is fun to watch.

What I've noticed is that he can run inside so well because he can make himself so small that he doesn't have to run into bodies.  He can find arms and small openings.  He gets low and then has leverage.

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He is fun to watch.

What I've noticed is that he can run inside so well because he can make himself so small that he doesn't have to run into bodies.  He can find arms and small openings.  He gets low and then has leverage.

And, then Wandale breaks out with a spin move in the backfield that can leave a Defender looking like a statue. :)  I think Wandale could go untouched during a flag football game in a phone booth.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Speed/Explosiveness > Strength/Grind-it-Out

I like the ability that it appears we are starting to get several backs that can get tough yards when needed and take it to the house when possible.  Something we have been missing for a few.  Oz was very good last year, but he was really the only RB we leaned on exclusively.  (MO had about 1/2 attempts as Oz 155 to 75)

This year, Mo is crushing it averaging almost 8 yards per carry and 19 per catch....Wan'dale averaging almost 4.5/carry and 11.5/catch.....Mills 5/carry and 8.3/catch......That's not bad production from any of these guys.  Yes conference play will get tougher, BUT maturity in the system, OL getting better, guys getting experience etc will only help them get better.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all 3 get used moving forward with Frost and this O.  I can see DC's starting to stay awake at night if they continue to improve.....Hoping the receiving corps/TE and step up (meaning more guys making more catches and not allow safety help) and really make the O and multi headed beast.  

I've bashed the O this season, but if it continues to improve and get all the skill positions involved, it's going to be hard to stop.........Really hard

• suh_fan93 changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson has entered the transfer portal.
  • Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson