Wan'dale Robinson

Part of me kind of hopes he goes to Purdue. I do not think he will find anymore success there than he did here. They also do not have the structure to let him shine. I am not super familiar with what Kentucky has in the stables, so I was worried a bit if he went there they actually may be able to make him into an all conference type guy and prove that we were the problem. (FWIW, I think we could have next year too, but I understand a show me rather than tell me thought process there.)  But Purdue won't allow him to shine either, not with that offense in this conference against these defenses.  If he goes there, he really is somebody who is letting the wrong people in his ear imo. 

2 hours ago, Decked said:

I hope he does well. Something is weird about Wan’Dale’s dad & especially his trainer. That huskeronline podcast was whack.

Likely isn’t happening and I’m normally Not a fan of hypotheticals, but What if Wan’Dale gets cold feet and wants to come back?  Do we take him?

40 minutes ago, Big Red Viking said:

Let's be honest Wandale was a good player not a great player.  I wish him luck.

At the risk of coming off sour grape-sy, I agree. I think Wandale is the kind of guy that can thrive in a system where he's surrounded by other competent playmakers - he's definitely not the homerun threat (ala D'Anthony Thomas) that he was billed to be during his recruiting process. The problem was the fact that we had a turnover machine at QB, flanked by a gaggle of walk on receivers and a RB that was serviceable at best. 

Hope he finds a system that he can fit into. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That right there shows why there were more L's than W's. Only time when you can get away with something like that from a usage perspeive is if your RB is rushing for close to 1,500 yards or more. You can't have one WR among the top in the nation for usage. Makes it too easy for a defense to gameplan. 

• Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson