Wan'dale Robinson

9 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

It's natural to worry about him getting rocked as he often looks smaller than guys. He trucked some defenders tonight though. 

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

I was most impressed with Robinson’s toughness. Didn’t seem like a 190 lb freshman at all.

I was also most impressed by Wan'dale's toughness and ability to both take and deliver a hit. He's definitely quick and shifty, but I did not expect how tough he runs.

5d86dc52ac76c.image.jpg?resize=1200,1460

5d86e71f0604a.image.jpg?resize=1200,1342

Robinson's breakout game sees freshman carry NU to victory

Robinson and quarterback Adrian Martinez took turns keeping Nebraska in the game, then pulling the Huskers even, then putting NU ahead. On the game's penultimate drive, with NU trying to run clock, Martinez produced a season-long 44-yard run when he pulled the ball from Robinson's belly on a zone read and sprinted untouched into the Illinois secondary.

The space was there, because most of Illinois' defenders followed Robinson.

• Plus1 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson - The future is bright.

On 9/16/2019 at 3:04 PM, WyoHusker56 said:

Wan'dale is actually third on the depth chart as PR. So, I am guessing it's like Undone said, maybe he isn't sure handed fielding them.

I do agree though that Wan'dale would be electric as a PR. Priority #1 is fielding it though.

Agree that if Spielman has surer hands, you put him back there. But, yes, Robinson has the potential to be the most dangerous punt returner since Johnny Rodgers. As far as toughness, I believe in HC he was one of his team’s leading tacklers as a DB. So his toughness doesn’t surprise me that much.  

12 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Agree that if Spielman has surer hands, you put him back there. But, yes, Robinson has the potential to be the most dangerous punt returner since Johnny Rodgers. As far as toughness, I believe in HC he was one of his team’s leading tacklers as a DB. So his toughness doesn’t surprise me that much.  

Wandale is so good, he will be the benchmark for future NCAA stars while he's an All Pro in the NFL.

Yes, he's set apart.

• suh_fan93 changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson has entered the transfer portal.
  • Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson