Defensive Play

Undone

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Young and inexperienced and Riley-tainted to a point. But those were two fifth year Pelini seniors and Frost's prize senior transfer anchoring a defensive line that got shredded by a non-elite Minnesota team. 

You like to word things in a way that makes it sound like we have an all conference defensive line.

It's close to embarrassing to have put the defensive line guys through as much change as we have.....even from last year to this.

• 4 weeks later...

1 minute ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Here's the thing about the Defense... they stink. Nebraska will be better when Barry, Bootle, A Davis, and the such are replaced. Even L. Jackson, dancing around after a pass breakup. New's flash. Your team is down 2 touchdowns and you and your teammates haven't given up a punt yet. So... Shut up. 

Addition by subtraction is a real thing in football 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Here's the thing about the Defense... they stink. Nebraska will be better when Barry, Bootle, A Davis, and the such are replaced. Even L. Jackson, dancing around after a pass breakup. New's flash. Your team is down 2 touchdowns and you and your teammates haven't given up a punt yet. So... Shut up. 

gawd you people.  You complain about the lack of enthusiasm and then when some is shown you complain about that, too.

He made a good play, let him do the token celebration.  It helps to boost morale and do we need that.

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

We'll see. This staff has done nothing with Caleb Tannor. And hoards of people will no doubt make up any kind of story to defend the staff on that issue.

If this same thing happens with Nick Heinrich's talent it will be a sign. If it's actually a "culture problem," or an issue of "some guys not buying in" (which we constantly hear mentioned), Frost needs to figure out a way to get through to the guys that want to play and end this horse s*** by next season.

8 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

gawd you people.  You complain about the lack of enthusiasm and then when some is shown you complain about that, too.

He made a good play, let him do the token celebration.  It helps to boost morale and do we need that.

Image result for what do you mean you people gif

Lack of enthusiasm? I think most folks want players playing pissed off and getting in teammates faces when they screw up or show a lack of effort or responsibility. If these players played half as pissed off as some fans are when watching this team they'd probably give up a punt every once in a while. 

1 minute ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Image result for what do you mean you people gif

Lack of enthusiasm? I think most folks want players playing pissed off and getting in teammates faces when they screw up or show a lack of effort or responsibility. If these players played half as pissed off as some fans are when watching this team they'd probably give up a punt every once in a while. 

That’s a laughable statement. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Undone said:

We'll see. This staff has done nothing with Caleb Tannor. And hoards of people will no doubt make up any kind of story to defend the staff on that issue.

If this same thing happens with Nick Heinrich's talent it will be a sign. If it's actually a "culture problem," or an issue of "some guys not buying in" (which we constantly hear mentioned), Frost needs to figure out a way to get through to the guys that want to play and end this horse s*** by next season.

Not to be a spelling nazi, but it's Henrich.  If you are going to be using him as an example of lack of development in the next few years, the misspelling will drive me crazy.  Signed, Jason Peters, Grant Winstrom, Matt Davidson, and Tommy Frazier.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not to be a spelling nazi, but it's Henrich.  If you are going to be using him as an example of lack of development in the next few years, the misspelling will drive me crazy.  Signed, Jason Peters, Grant Winstrom, Matt Davidson, and Tommy Frazier.

Honestly I rarely miss stuff like that. Thanks.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Going to be honest here: If I had to pick the weakest link on the staff right now it might be Dewitt. It's just so hard because the man had cancer and I know he wasn't full time all the way leading up to the start of the season.

So I'm not saying he should be fired after this year. But special teams are still struggling more than I feel like is reasonable, and the outside linebackers don't play well. People will say that "we can't win with guys like Alex Davis." Fair enough. Again though, if we see this same stuff next season I believe it will probably be time to think about making a decision there.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1