Can a lowly Vol fan please be a Husker?

vpshelton

17 hours ago, vpshelton said:

It is so bad here.... just so damn bad.... people are numb now. 

We've been there buddy... I feel for you guys. I used to laugh when an SEC team would lose to a nobody, or get chuckle at Tennessee struggling (I've got relatives down there). Now though this is just sad. It's like the school has zero leadership and direction right now. The Vols are one of those teams that need to be good to make football better for everyone.

I am also a Tennessee fan who has adopted Nebraska as my second favorite team. And I’ll honestly spend more time watching the Huskers than the Vols this year, as I don’t think I can put myself through all the torture. I went to the Nebraska vs Maryland game in November 2016 because I was on a business trip to Omaha that week. I decided to stay an extra day because I just love college football and really wanted to check out the stadium and the atmosphere. Then I saw you play against us again in the Music City Bowl that year. Your fans were all really nice and I had a great time at both games. Ever since then, you guys have been my number 2 team (I grew up in Knoxville and went to UT, so I really am forced to have the Vols at #1, as painful as it has been recently). I always had a feeling that Riley probably wasn’t going to work out for you guys (not that it took Nostradamus like abilities to see that coming) but I was really excited when you landed Frost. So I probably had too high of expectations for you guys last year in Frost’s first year. But unlike UT, I can definitely see that Nebraska is on an upward trajectory in year 2, and I’m very excited about following you guys this season.

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, Dawgs4Life said:

I am also a Tennessee fan who has adopted Nebraska as my second favorite team. And I’ll honestly spend more time watching the Huskers than the Vols this year, as I don’t think I can put myself through all the torture. I went to the Nebraska vs Maryland game in November 2016 because I was on a business trip to Omaha that week. I decided to stay an extra day because I just love college football and really wanted to check out the stadium and the atmosphere. Then I saw you play against us again in the Music City Bowl that year. Your fans were all really nice and I had a great time at both games. Ever since then, you guys have been my number 2 team (I grew up in Knoxville and went to UT, so I really am forced to have the Vols at #1, as painful as it has been recently). I always had a feeling that Riley probably wasn’t going to work out for you guys (not that it took Nostradamus like abilities to see that coming) but I was really excited when you landed Frost. So I probably had too high of expectations for you guys last year in Frost’s first year. But unlike UT, I can definitely see that Nebraska is on an upward trajectory in year 2, and I’m very excited about following you guys this season.

Based on yesterday’s performance you may want a third option 

1 hour ago, Dawgs4Life said:

It will fascinating when both teams play, in '26 and '27.  A big delay to the Bristol game but  maybe both teams will have their house in order.  By your handle, I would guess you were "between the hedges" as a UGA fan.

23 hours ago, huKSer said:

Welcome aboard - get your thumb ready to go through thousands of pages in the thread of "what is your favorite Koolade" (hint Kool-ade was invented in Nebraska)

@huKSer does not know how to spell Kool-Aid. He must now report to the nearest Big Red Reeducation Facility!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, vpshelton said:

Someone fill me in on the AD situation for the Huskers, a Nebraska guy? Sound decisions?  Someone that the fan base has confidence in 

the decisions that come down?

According to rumors,  he is a drunk that makes great coaching hires. 

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, vpshelton said:

Someone fill me in on the AD situation for the Huskers, a Nebraska guy? Sound decisions?  Someone that the fan base has confidence in 

the decisions that come down?

Bill Moos is a great guy, right guy for the job. If he isn't drinking on the job who gives a s#!t.

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

*and wants to bring alcohol to the stadium.

Well that would be horrible. /s Not to count half the stadium that leaves at half time to tailgate.. I am sure they are just drinking waters before they come back.

• Plus1 1