Can a lowly Vol fan please be a Husker?

vpshelton

1 hour ago, Elaida said:

Tennesee hasn't been Tennessee since 2001 with Travis Henry, etc.  Being UGA alumnus, can't say I'm too broken up about Tennessee's travails.  Still remember Casey Clausen and "one hand tied behind my back." Welcome to the board, you seem like a nice chap.  

I have nothing against UT, especially since they eerily mirror Nebraska in the last 20+ years. There was a time when the Vols made a living off kids from GA that UGA didn't recruit.

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, Treand3 said:

I have nothing against UT, especially since they eerily mirror Nebraska in the last 20+ years. There was a time when the Vols made a living off kids from GA that UGA didn't recruit.

That's happening now, actually.  They are getting southeast kids that other schools dont want and some they do.  UT was a perennial top 5 to top 15 recruiter. It's dropped a bit, but not much -they just arent winning games.  Twenty years ago though...Georgia was down late 80s to 2001, bama was down til sabaton, clemson was average, where they took any kid they wanted.  

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, Elaida said:

That's happening now, actually.  They are getting southeast kids that other schools dont want and some they do.  UT was a perennial top 5 to top 15 recruiter. It's dropped a bit, but not much -they just arent winning games.  Twenty years ago though...Georgia was down late 80s to 2001, bama was down til sabaton, clemson was average, where they took any kid they wanted.  

Yes, and us Nebraskans remember Oklahoma in the '90s, Gary Gibbs, Howard Schnellenberger, and John Blake.  The latter could recruit well and was on the 'Husker staff later but they couldn't win.  It got so bad at one point that their slogan was "Bring Back the 'Bone" and clinging to the past.  As super talented Nashville sports radio gentleman Bill King said though, "You get the hire right, everything else falls into place"  Nobody much remembers the lean years before Stoops took over now.  UT-Knoxville gets the hire right and a lot will be forgiven.  They could start helping their chances though by ignoring the bloviating gas bag Clay "I want to be important" Travis.

4 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Yes, and us Nebraskans remember Oklahoma in the '90s, Gary Gibbs, Howard Schnellenberger, and John Blake.  The latter could recruit well and was on the 'Husker staff later but they couldn't win.  It got so bad at one point that their slogan was "Bring Back the 'Bone" and clinging to the past.  As super talented Nashville sports radio gentleman Bill King said though, "You get the hire right, everything else falls into place"  Nobody much remembers the lean years before Stoops took over now.  UT-Knoxville gets the high right and a lot will be forgiven.  They could start helping their chances though by ignoring the bloviating gas bag Clay "I want to be important" Travis.

Man, I get the feeling you're not a Clay Travis fan! If I was them, I'd get rid of Fulmer.  You already fired him once and he will never give a coaching staff free rein, he will always interfere.  

5 hours ago, Elaida said:

You're spot on. They still recruit well considering, so it's just bad coaching/instability/development that's plaguing them imo.

18 hours ago, Elaida said:

Trevor Lawrence was a big UT fan growing up, bc of Peyton Manning.

Tee Martin was a big UT fan growing up in East Tennessee, and he was named after Tee Martin.

Amari Rodgers was a big UT fan growing up in East Tennessee...oh, and he’s Tee Martin’s SON. 

All 3 ended up in Clemson. Many UT fans think Butch dropped the ball on all 3.