Backups come up Big

Salsa Red

50 minutes ago, Salsa Red said:

JoJo, Eric Lee came up big. Washington also looked better than Mills.

Finally Garret Nelson looks like a blackshirt of old, I think he's going to have a great career.

Edit, Jurgens did not have a good day at center.

Thought Mills looked a lot like Bell.  Hopefully that was more of an o-line issue.  

3 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Thought Mills looked a lot like Bell.  Hopefully that was more of an o-line issue.  

Tough to make any headway when the OL gets zero push and you are getting hit before the LOS on almost every play. He looked good when he did have a hole open up until he fumbled away :(   And they only used him up the middle while it seem Washington's runs were designed more to the outside or he was able to bounce them outside. If the line can't improve drastically in the coming weeks and they continue to run Mills up the middle it is going to be a very long year for him. What scares me is, if a bottom dwelling Sun Belt team can handle our OL like they did, what is going to happen when we start playing B1G teams? Could get really ugly.

34 minutes ago, Undone said:

Seemed to me that he tended to run into his blockers a bit...although to be fair to him, the quality of blocking being done for him was lacking.

You mean kinda like Greg Bell?

26 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Tough to make any headway when the OL gets zero push and you are getting hit before the LOS on almost every play. He looked good when he did have a hole open up until he fumbled away :(   And they only used him up the middle while it seem Washington's runs were designed more to the outside or he was able to bounce them outside. If the line can't improve drastically in the coming weeks and they continue to run Mills up the middle it is going to be a very long year for him. What scares me is, if a bottom dwelling Sun Belt team can handle our OL like they did, what is going to happen when we start playing B1G teams? Could get really ugly.

Pretty much.  Hopefully it was game one problems.  

I went back and watched the game 2x and these changes need to be made. Jurgens cannot snap the ball and didn't block that well either. Alex Davis didn't play bad, but JoJo is def a better player. I was not impressed by Carlos, similar to last season. Dismuke was lost out in coverage several times. 

Will Farniok > Cam Jurgens 

JoJo Domann > Alex Davis 

Ben Stille, Deontre Thomas > Carlos Davis 

Eric Lee, Cam Taylor, Eli Sullivan > Marquel Dismuke 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
52 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I went back and watched the game 2x and these changes need to be made. Jurgens cannot snap the ball and didn't block that well either. Alex Davis didn't play bad, but JoJo is def a better player. I was not impressed by Carlos, similar to last season. Dismuke was lost out in coverage several times. 

JoJo Domann > Alex Davis 

I was pleasantly surprised by Sullivan, that kid is a sure tackler, no arm tackles, he gets in there, wraps up and brings the ball carrier down.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I'm a broken record, but Chinander has to switch up the alignment of the 3-4 if he wants to be successful. Why would I want both LBs lining up at the same spot 95% on the line of scrimmage? Have to stunt and blitz, overload a side etc. Would you want a front of 3 DL and 2 LB or 4 DL? If you're staying basic then get another DL on there to wreck havoc. 

Khalil, Daniels, Daniels, Stille would look better than what we are running IMO, especially for the B10. 

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

JoJo Domann > Alex Davis 

Next weekend's game is tailor made for Domaan.