Offensive Play

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I definitely think this has happened. However, I've also seen it happen where a huge hole opens up and AM starts to run, but about the time he hits the LOS there is three defenders there to meet him because they aren't respecting anything deep and are sitting underneath.

I've seen that, too, but I honestly think the difference is the :02 of indecisiveness. 

Obviously you can't spin every broken play into gold, but that skillset helped Adrian get the job and the indecisiveness isn't always -- or even often -- the result of the OL play. 

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I've seen that, too, but I honestly think the difference is the :02 of indecisiveness. 

Obviously you can't spin every broken play into gold, but that skillset helped Adrian get the job and the indecisiveness isn't always -- or even often -- the result of the OL play. 

I guess I'd say yes and no. You certainly see the indecisiveness and I think AM needs to work on that for sure. However, I also think that the OL play this year has messed with his internal clock enough that he's questioning what he sees. So, while it may not be directly causing the indecisiveness it's at least a contributing factor.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I honestly think that defenses are selling out to cover these because they know our QB isn't going to have time to find the deep passes.  So, they cover the deep routes one on one and leave the safeties up close to cover crossing routes and help in the run game.  

This entire system is breaking down because of the horrible pass pro.  There's also enough defenders close to the line that once our QBs start to scramble, they can be brought down for little or no gain.

Not to mention that we don't have any receivers that are good blockers. Another thing that we miss with Stanley

14 hours ago, jsneb83 said:

Not to mention that we don't have any receivers that are good blockers. Another thing that we miss with Stanley

Yeah.... Warner is good but he’s been on the bench. 

sometimes I wonder if our receivers even know who they are supposed to block. There are times that two guys are blocking one guy and other defenders are killing our ball carrier behind the line. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think the long sideline screens -- often too far behind the line of scrimmage -- get sniffed out too easily, and like Tommy Armstrong before him, Martinez is making these passes more difficult and dangerous than they should be.

Martinez's screens aren't way off the mark like Armstrong's, but it seems like he tends to throw a little behind the receiver. So then the receiver has to turn away from the LOS to catch the ball, and ends up making a 270° spin to get pointed up-field.

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I honestly think that defenses are selling out to cover these because they know our QB isn't going to have time to find the deep passes.  So, they cover the deep routes one on one and leave the safeties up close to cover crossing routes and help in the run game. There's also enough defenders close to the line that once our QBs start to scramble, they can be brought down for little or no gain.

DING DING DING DING!

• Plus1 1