Kicking Game

Alright, I guess the Illinois starting position wasn't as bad as I remember it being.  Here's their starting field position for our 7 kickoffs:

34 (including 5 yard penalty on nebraska)
34 (including 5 yard penalty on nebraska)
35 (including 5 yard penalty on nebraska)
14 (after illinois holding penalty)

avg = 30.6

10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The receiving team doesn't always have to take the ball at the 35 yard line.  They have the option of making the kicking team re-kick from 5 yards further back for each penalty.

Didn't know that.  I don't think I've ever seen a team use the 2nd option.

This is the thing that baffles me. How in the world is there not some student or heck, a fan out there with eligibility left, that is willing to walk on and be a kicker for Nebraska? If I somehow could find I had a year of eligibility left I’d go walk on and just spend every day and night of the next 3 months kicking, kicking, kicking. 

Colodados kicker was 32 years old...............cmon, there’s got to be some die hard Husker fan out there that has some sort of basic kicking skill that could walk on and just spend hours of practice a day kicking FGs

12 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

does anybody know whats actually wrong with him?

The rumor I heard was a hip flexor.

https://www.kickingworld.com/the-5-most-common-kicking-injuries-1-hip-flexor/

BEST CASE SCENARIO
After some rest and proper rehab of your injury, you recover to regain most or all of your strength and you’re back on the field normal! (This is usually more likely with injuries that are recognized and addressed quickly).

WORST CASE SCENARIO
You may have to have surgery to correct the issue and possibly have 4-6 months or more of downtime during recovery after surgery.

McCallum will have had a couple more weeks of practice back at kicker since his last attempt in a game. Hopefully he's getting his form back to where we can at least count on a 30-yarder.

Still don't get what was up with DeWitt saying Pickering would be fine back in week-2 and here was are in week 6 still without him.