Kicking Game

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, please help me out.  The 2020 Roster on Huskermax has the following kickers: (Am I missing anyone)

Grant Detlefsen      P RFr

William Przystup    P So

Gabe Heins             PK So

Chase Contreraz    PK So

Tyler Crawford       PK/P Fr

Newly signed - Daniel Cerni P Fr?

That is a crowded kicker room.  This is going to be a very interesting competition in fall camp.

Am I wrong saying Cerni is the only one on that list on scholarship?

Compete, winner takes all, others can be backup or transfer to a school that is a better fit. Good for the team.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Compete, winner takes all, others can be backup or transfer to a school that is a better fit. Good for the team.

When the kicking game was as big as a cluster eff as it was in 2019, I don't blame the coaches to bring in as many bodies as they can, and have an open competition. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

When the kicking game was as big as a cluster eff as it was in 2019, I don't blame the coaches to bring in as many bodies as they can, and have an open competition. 

Yeah...there's nobody in that room that should feel entitled.....and....there's nobody in that room that should feel they have no chance.

Work your asses off and compete.  Someone is going to come out of that kicking well.

1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

All but one -he is not yet on campus - are walkons and unproven at best.   Great start to finding some kickers.   A team needs no less than 2 at P and PAT/FG and one more who can do some of each as the travel roster backup.  The room is not crowded imo.  About right IF you know the all can do the job atleast “average” statistically in the Big Ten. 

It's clear that Frost doesn't want to overlook the kicking issues which occurred in 2019.  I didn't place too much blame on Frost and the staff for last year's issues.  I don't think anyone could anticipate the injuries and issues which occurred.  He just doesn't want to have the kicking game being significant cause for losses.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It's clear that Frost doesn't want to overlook the kicking issues which occurred in 2019.  I didn't place too much blame on Frost and the staff for last year's issues.  I don't think anyone could anticipate the injuries and issues which occurred.  He just doesn't want to have the kicking game being significant cause for losses.

Yep.  Not the staff's fault last year.  But, dang well doesn't want it to happen again.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

kind of seems we are flooding the kicking room with bodies?.....what, a half dozen guys last season and that many again now?

guess it is good to have lots of bodies when you choose.

I don't think many of the guys from last season are returning.  Mainly just Pryzstup, and he's gonna be pushed by the new Australian punter.