Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

36 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Paul commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 6/4/2020 at 2:17 PM, Decked said:

I would be just fine likewise if we recruited over him tbh 

21 hours ago, Ziebol said:

Agreed. He does not fit the mold of ILB we have recruited lately.

Personal opinion - these are pretty bad takes. Paul's film is very impressive, and he plays great competition in Georgia. Not fit the mold = just too short, or what do you mean? Lavonte David was a bit undersized and he worked out. 

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Personal opinion - these are pretty bad takes. Paul's film is very impressive, and he plays great competition in Georgia. Not fit the mold = just too short, or what do you mean? Lavonte David was a bit undersized and he worked out. 

Personal pet peeve of mine is when people use one instance as the standard. We should recruit more players from Wood River because look how well Frost turned out. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 3
  • 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, AlaSker said:

This just seems to confirm what everyone else has been saying, we are just a space holder till bigger offers roll in. Never thought I would see someone committed to Nebraska be seemingly so excited over a Tennessee offer.

I mean it just shows he is excited to get an offer from Tennessee. No way will they have a spot for him unless most of their guys de-commit later in the fall. He may want to go to the SEC as those guys grow up hearing how great of a conference it is their whole life. Such is the life of recruiting as plans change but I am not counting him out until he officially says he is decommiting. This is part of the process and every school has people who change their mind to go elsewhere. 

Personally, I like his film and would love to have him add to a growing ILB room as he has good size. 

• Plus1 3

27 minutes ago, dubsker said:

Southeast recruiting is such a s#!tshow.  I was warned by a friend down south not to get too invested in it.

You’re right. We should just recruit a local kid instead! This is where we have connections. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, AlaSker said:

This just seems to confirm what everyone else has been saying, we are just a space holder till bigger offers roll in. Never thought I would see someone committed to Nebraska be seemingly so excited over a Tennessee offer.

My thought is go ahead and decommit now. Sounds like a situation where even if he signs here he will likely transfer out after a year or 2 anyway 

8 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

I mean it just shows he is excited to get an offer from Tennessee. No way will they have a spot for him unless most of their guys de-commit later in the fall. He may want to go to the SEC as those guys grow up hearing how great of a conference it is their whole life. Such is the life of recruiting as plans change but I am not counting him out until he officially says he is decommiting. This is part of the process and every school has people who change their mind to go elsewhere. 

Personally, I like his film and would love to have him add to a growing ILB room as he has good size. 

My read is similar to yours.  If I grew up a lifelong SEC fan and finally got that SEC offer despite being committed to another school, I'm going to be pretty excited.  If nothing else, it tells me that 'I've made it'..at least from a recruiting perspective.  Tennessee has a ton of momentum recruiting wise right now so I'd probably get swept up in it a little bit if I were Paul Jr.

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to ILB Christopher Paul, Jr. [Arkansas Commit]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic