ILB Christopher Paul, Jr. [Arkansas Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

36 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Paul commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

One thing to remember, and this is not directed at anybody in particular, if the kid goes somewhere else don't bash on them. Don't follow recruiting if you can't handle decommits.

But how will he know that we didn't need him and that he can't handle competition if I don't tweet at him?

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
26 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Here is my take. Right or Wrong. Disagree thats fine. But my thought is if you want to enjoy recruiting then fine- take your time and enjoy the process. Then when you have soaked up all the attention and accolades commit to a school. Once you commit to the school of your choice, be a voice for all things positive for that school. Because if you are really committed you will want to attract other top talent to make the team better. Because everyone wants to play for a winner or a team on the rise at least.

But dating with commitment is like engagement in that analogy.  You dont get engaged to marry but then keep on dating around just for the fun.  If youre not sure then dont get engaged and once married you certainly stop looking for something better.  If you want a 9, you dont commit to a 5 as some sort placeholder (ethically).  

Of course, as they say, beauty is only skin deep.  Better be a little more discerning than looks alone.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Here is my take. Right or Wrong. Disagree thats fine. But my thought is if you want to enjoy recruiting then fine- take your time and enjoy the process. Then when you have soaked up all the attention and accolades commit to a school. Once you commit to the school of your choice, be a voice for all things positive for that school. Because if you are really committed you will want to attract other top talent to make the team better. Because everyone wants to play for a winner or a team on the rise at least.

I'd definitely be more inclined to side with you if schools weren't almost always looking to recruit over a guy.  Rightly or wrongly, this is the way the recruiting game is played now.  You need to lock up a spot because when the music stops in this bizarro game of musical chairs, you don't want to be left without a spot or worse yet, have to go to Iowa.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

It's more dating than engagement, however people think it should be. And there weren't a lot of people saying "you know, I'm glad we got Wan'Dale/AM/Keyshawn Greene but they really should have stayed committed to Kentucky/Tennessee/FSU."

My comment does apply to any commit.  If not committed, dont say you are then.  There ought to be some kind of honor.  Hopefully our coaches act the same way.  If they offer and accept a commitment then honor it as well. 

Dont play games - loyalty is a 2 way deal.  imo. 

• Mavric changed the title to ILB Christopher Paul, Jr. [Arkansas Commit]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic