ILB Christopher Paul, Jr. [Arkansas Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

36 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Paul commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

He was the top player on our defensive board. 

Very good get...

Have a question on this ... I'm curious so I can look back on recruiting four years from now and judge what I was told/sold on ...

So, this guy is the #1 player on the entire defensive board?  Does this mean our staff believes this is the best ILB in the country or the best we think we can get?

Does our staff then believe this guy is a 5*?

Thanks for any input guys.

12 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

So, this guy is the #1 player on the entire defensive board?  Does this mean our staff believes this is the best ILB in the country or the best we think we can get?

I would guess that there is a lot of nuance in comments that are reported that can make them very hard to decipher.  Is he really the #1 guy on our entire board?  #1 at that spot?  #1 guy we are still working on (not-committed)?  #1 guy for that particular coach?  #1 guy for that particular coach that isn't committed?  There are nearly endless permutations.

In a more general sense, I would say "#1 guys" are some combination of guys who we think we have a realistic chance with who fits what we want to do and the personality we want who they believe has the skills and potential to be a quality started for us.  So I would say no, no necessarily the best guy in the nation.

• Plus1 3

On 3/21/2020 at 1:58 PM, Mavric said:

I would guess that there is a lot of nuance in comments that are reported that can make them very hard to decipher.  Is he really the #1 guy on our entire board?  #1 at that spot?  #1 guy we are still working on (not-committed)?  #1 guy for that particular coach?  #1 guy for that particular coach that isn't committed?  There are nearly endless permutations.

In a more general sense, I would say "#1 guys" are some combination of guys who we think we have a realistic chance with who fits what we want to do and the personality we want who they believe has the skills and potential to be a quality started for us.  So I would say no, no necessarily the best guy in the nation.

Thanks @Mavric for your input and thoughts.

I'm putting this out there ... really for me to look back on ... and to hopefully understand our recruiting and development.  There is a nice comparison to be made between Wisky and :bigredn: as it relates to ILB.  Gonna lake it out here to look back on in four years.

:bigredn: currently has Kpai as an ILB along with Paul.

Kpai is ranked is a 4* and is ranked #173 nationally.
Paul is ranked a 3* [probably end up a 4*] and is ranked #630 nationally as of 3/23/2020.

Wisky currently has Sunborn as an ILB along with Chaney.
Sunborn is a 3* and is ranked #414 nationally.
Chaney is a 3* and is ranked #704 nationally.

Thus, at present, if we match these recruits up ... we are recruiting better.  Thus, it appears we are out of the blocks presently in better position.  If Paul takes the jump we expect, then we beat Wisky at the ILB position.

Now it will come down to development.  The only way I think I can judge these players in this scenario is see what honors they receive in the B1G and then I want to look back on is when these guys are drafted in the NFL.

“The bond that I built with the coaches, it was unbelievable,” Paul told Hail Varsity Radio. “It was amazing. When Coach Ruud made time out of his busy schedule to fly down here to spend some time with me in my town that was great. He showed that he didn’t just love me as a player but as a person. I built a bond not just with one coach but every coach on the staff. From the head coach to the offensive coordinator. The defensive side of the ball too. It was amazing and I couldn’t have made a better choice.”

• 5 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to ILB Christopher Paul, Jr. [Arkansas Commit]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic