Week 2 Polls

knapplc

20 minutes ago, Husker Poyer said:

Unfortunately we've been trending this way for years.  An early season W over a top tier opponent doesn't mean anything in November (unless you go undefeated at which point it didn't matter anyway).  The pollsters have very short memories.

And welcome here on your arrival from HuskerMax, I enjoyed reading your posts when I also posted there.

4 minutes ago, Apsu said:

I would like to see Nebraska play one top 25 team OoC each season, but that is the old time fan speaking who remembers that being in the top ten every week was a near given. We're not quite ready for prime time (top 25), still problems on the OL, LB and with team depth.

I like where we're at now (1 cupcake, 1 P5 conference, 1 G5), though the scheduling is so far out who the heck knows where a team is going to be when we actually play them.  We've got Tennessee in 2026 which looks horrible now, but in 7 years who knows where they're at.  

3 minutes ago, huskerfan22 said:

Preseason polls are a joke anyway. Start atfter week 4. Atleast there would a better reference point to go off of instead of offseason "hype"

This is how the SEC turns in such great resumes every year.  They beat 4-6 ranked teams over the season because 80% of the league is ranked for the first 6 weeks.

• Plus1 1