Posting Photo

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I host them on imgur, then post the BB code here.

You only have a finite amount of storage on this board, so once you've used that up, you either delete photos to make room, which takes them out of your post, or you use a third-party host site. It's way easier to use a third-party site.

Ok, so how do I clear a photo off of this site so I can add another?

i very seldom do this and I have a few from a long time ago that nobody is going to care about. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok, so how do I clear a photo off of this site so I can add another?

i very seldom do this and I have a few from a long time ago that nobody is going to care about. 

On a PC, click on your user name in the upper right-hand corner, and select My Attachments. You can delete individual attachments by clicking on the trash can icon.

• Plus1 2
  • 5 months later...

@Enhance @knapplc @Mavric

I need a little help.

I cannot find anything to allow me to upload a picture.

If I go to My Attachments, I can see the stuff I have previously uploaded. I’m at about 48% of my allowance but there is no tab anywhere to add a new attachment or upload a file.

Did I go brain dead and forget how to do it, or did something that used to be an option go away?

Thanks in advance.

@JJ Husker

I host everything I post on Imgur. Accounts are free and you can put about an unlimited number of pics/gifs on there.

Once you have an account, you copy the URL of the pic you want to post here, go to your Imgur account, and hit paste. Then go to your images, hit the pic you want here, and it'll give you the BBB code to put here on HuskerBoard (or any other board, or Reddit - wherever you want to post it). 

I haven't used this site's image hosting for years and years. It's limited, it's kludgy, and it's way slower than a dedicated image host.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

@JJ Husker

I host everything I post on Imgur. Accounts are free and you can put about an unlimited number of pics/gifs on there.

Once you have an account, you copy the URL of the pic you want to post here, go to your Imgur account, and hit paste. Then go to your images, hit the pic you want here, and it'll give you the BBB code to put here on HuskerBoard (or any other board, or Reddit - wherever you want to post it). 

I haven't used this site's image hosting for years and years. It's limited, it's kludgy, and it's way slower than a dedicated image host.

Thanks for that advice but I really want to figure out how to use the attachment feature...again. I'm not sure if I'm being stupid/forgetful or if the option disappeared. I suspect the latter.

10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

@Enhance @knapplc @Mavric

I need a little help.

I cannot find anything to allow me to upload a picture.

If I go to My Attachments, I can see the stuff I have previously uploaded. I’m at about 48% of my allowance but there is no tab anywhere to add a new attachment or upload a file.

Did I go brain dead and forget how to do it, or did something that used to be an option go away?

Thanks in advance.

I never use it but don't you just click on the "choose files..." link at the bottom of the Reply box?

vvvvv

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I never use it but don't you just click on the "choose files..." link at the bottom of the Reply box?

vvvvv

Yes. Now I know what the problem was. I was trying to do it in a PM and "choose files" is not an option in messenging replies. Thanks.

• Plus1 1