TE James Carnie

Mavric

To which school will Carnie commit?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 7/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, Warrior10 said:

Per a Iowa 247 report, Iowa has turned their focus to Carnie after losing out on Helm and Fidone (basically). Report also said UCLA is getting involved with Carnie.

I think Carnie is going to have options, maybe soon, that Gifford didn't necessarily have. 

The thought of Iowa snagging Carnie gives me nightmares. 

Honestly, Iowa is so much better than NU had developing TEs it really doesn't matter which guy they snag.  That guy is going to turn out to be pretty great.  We're damned if we do and damned if we don't.  Here's hoping Carnie goes somewhere other than Iowa!

@Warrior10 I admittedly am grasping a bit here but doesn't Carnie seem like the better prospect over Rollins?  Would NU take 3 TEs?  

EDIT: Whoops sorry, I saw you mentioned this above ITT.  Yeah that makes sense about the Metro.

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2020 at 7:42 AM, Xmas32 said:

Honestly, Iowa is so much better than NU had developing TEs it really doesn't matter which guy they snag.  That guy is going to turn out to be pretty great.  We're damned if we do and damned if we don't.  Here's hoping Carnie goes somewhere other than Iowa!

@Warrior10 I admittedly am grasping a bit here but doesn't Carnie seem like the better prospect over Rollins?  Would NU take 3 TEs?  

EDIT: Whoops sorry, I saw you mentioned this above ITT.  Yeah that makes sense about the Metro.

Right on que, Beckton told Carnie Sunday that we are looking to take 3 TE's. Communication picking up even more with the staff. No offer yet but he's ready to commit on spot. Miami Oh has basically given up hope of holding him. 

CB for N. 

Glad they are seemingly making room for him. That TE does get empty in a hurry also. As far as that room goes in the future it's almost like Fidone is a 2020 recruit (we didn't take a TE) because it's unlikely he RS's, so that'll put a year between him and Carnie/Rollins.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to TE James Carnie [Miami (OH) Commit]
6 hours ago, Mavric said:

Pretty sure Carnie is going to get an offer so I created a profile for him and pulled the discussion out of the Nebraska HS Players thread.

I'll leave the profile in the general recruiting forum until he actually gets the offer.

Any of the TEs could move to LB or even DE with weight gain or possibly WR if the stay lighter.  I know TE is the natural place but athletes can flex. 

• Mavric changed the title to TE James Carnie
  • Mavric pinned this topic