TE James Carnie

Mavric

To which school will Carnie commit?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...did he sort of force the coach's hand by saying he was announcing within a week?

Or...what changed?  You say we were after him for a long time...but no offer?

He even kind on mentions that he might have forced their hand a bit in an interview from yesterday.  

But I think they had planned to make a decision a couple weeks ago but I would guess Frost's dad passing pushed things back to some extent.

Carnie also mentioned they were mainly looking at numbers.  He mentioned they said something about not wanting to pull a different offer.  I don't know if that was a main reason or just a stall tactic but I think it definitely played a roll.  We probably don't really need three TEs in one class, especially when we have more options next year.  

So I think it was mainly he's someone they wanted but, with two other TEs already committed, didn't know if they could short another position to take a third TE (unless Fidone was the third TE in which case it would be a no-brainer).

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Just curious. This would give us 3 TE's in this class. Fidone obviously stays as a TE. What about the other 2? Are they a TE or do we use them somewhere else?

There was talk earlier that perhaps Rollins and/or Carnie could play defense.  But since then Carnie has made it clear that he wants to play TE in college.

So that would leave Rollins as a possibility.  His offer seems to be more on his athletic ability and upside anyway so you'd think they'd at least keep that option open.

But I would guess they'll bring all three in as TEs to start out with.  Especially considering we don't have much on the roster going forward.  But if we do land a couple guys we want in the next class someone is going to have to move.  But there is time to figure that out.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

There was talk earlier that perhaps Rollins and/or Carnie could play defense.  But since then Carnie has made it clear that he wants to play TE in college.

So that would leave Rollins as a possibility.  His offer seems to be more on his athletic ability and upside anyway so you'd think they'd at least keep that option open.

But I would guess they'll bring all three in as TEs to start out with.  Especially considering we don't have much on the roster going forward.  But if we do land a couple guys we want in the next class someone is going to have to move.  But there is time to figure that out.

Are any of the 3 playing defense right now? 

2 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Rollins plays some DE/OLB. Unsure on Fidone or Carnie.

Looks like Carnie plays some DE too. I guess we probably aren't worried about Fidone cuz he's definitely not going to play defense 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, GSG said:

Looks like Carnie plays some DE too. I guess we probably aren't worried about Fidone cuz he's definitely not going to play defense 

Definitely on Fidone. Per @Mavric above, Carnie wants to stay on the offensive side as well. Rollins is quiet but the guy looks like he could be a steal once he gets on campus for us similar to Jurgens or Zach Potter who had the body types to be moved around in college and thrive at different spots.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Just curious. This would give us 3 TE's in this class. Fidone obviously stays as a TE. What about the other 2? Are they a TE or do we use them somewhere else?

Honestly, I could see all 3 staying at TE.  TE really thins out after Stoll (Sr) and Allen/Rafdal/Vokolek (Jr) in the next couple years so there should be plenty of opportunities plus I don't think NU took a TE in this most recent class.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Honestly, I could see all 3 staying at TE.  TE really thins out after Stoll (Sr) and Allen/Rafdal/Vokolek (Jr) in the next couple years so there should be plenty of opportunities plus I don't think NU took a TE in this most recent class.

True, however they're also going after the two Bellevue West WR/TE guys in the Class of 2022 among others. Certainly possible that all three would stay at TE but the numbers game may force some adjustments. 

Would be pretty cool to get that height advantage angle going again though. Seemed to work out very well for Iowa State against Oklahoma's secondary this past weekend. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

We are taking 3 TEs this year because there is a very good chance that we don't get Riley or Helms next year.  

Helms will be N. No way Riley comes here. I think it’s likely Rollins comes here at TE then may move somewhere else.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

We are taking 3 TEs this year because there is a very good chance that we don't get Riley or Helms next year.  

And the three of them do different things; Fidone can be spread out, Rollins plays in-line, and Carnie can split between the two. Plus, either Rollins or Carnie could be effective on defense. 

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

And the three of them do different things; Fidone can be spread out, Rollins plays in-line, and Carnie can split between the two. Plus, either Rollins or Carnie could be effective on defense. 

And lets be honest...There’s no guarantee Stoll comes back and either Allen or Rafdal may transfer out. 

• Mavric changed the title to TE James Carnie
  • Mavric pinned this topic