P&R Billboard Fun

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I just got a "Should your gun rights end at the state line" ad!  Haha

Not only does that crack me up...but would anyone really stop posting on a fan site because of WHAT that ads were about?  That is crazy talk.  I can understand if this was back in the old spam/popup days...but now?  Who cares.

If I am generating revenue for the NRA or building a wall with my visits here, yes I will leave.  I care.  I feel very strongly about not supporting such things, and to potentially be doing without my knowledge is shady and reflects on the ownership.  It's the same reason my 401k and other investments are in socially responsible funds that don't include NRA/guns/tobacco/etc and not a blanket ones.  

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

If I am generating revenue for the NRA or building a wall with my visits here, yes I will leave.  I care.  I feel very strongly about not supporting such things, and to potentially be doing without my knowledge is shady and reflects on the ownership.  It's the same reason my 401k and other investments are in socially responsible funds that don't include NRA/guns/tobacco/etc and not a blanket ones.  

Well, okay!  

Good luck to you!  HOL doesn't really run ads so that might be a good alternative.  

Sucks to lose posters but you have to do what you have to do.

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's possible to be a gun lover or 2nd Amendment supporter and be against the NRA.

I guess...I mean that is a super fine line and probably filled with the old H word but if it works for you that is great!

Guns are lame...dudes into guns are usually super lame when talking about guns...hunting something that can't hunt you back is lame...packing heat because you are think you are Dirty Harry is lame...paying dues to the NRA is super lame...

I did like Charlie Heston though...and I think Magnum is a big NRA guy...I loved Magnum and 3 Men and a baby.

5 hours ago, NM11046 said:

If I am generating revenue for the NRA or building a wall with my visits here, yes I will leave.

I don't think that's how it works. NRA is spending money on this ad. You aren't generating revenue for them. In fact, the more imprints you give it and the more you click on it the more $ the ad costs them. You're only generating revenue for the owners of Huskerboard.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, jsneb83 said:

I literally get a Dr Pepper ad 99% of the time, not that I'm complaining

Do you like/drink Dr. Pepper?

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

hunting something that can't hunt you back is lame...

Quick aside...I disagree with this. Humans, through "non natural" processes aka the invention of society and culture, are the dominant apex predator on earth. Our advancement causes a lot of s#!t in the food chain and the animal kingdom to go out of whack, especially in relation to our preferred way of living, so it falls on us to keep things in balance which occasionally entails population control of "lesser" animals.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think that's how it works. NRA is spending money on this ad. You aren't generating revenue for them. In fact, the more imprints you give it and the more you click on it the more $ the ad costs them. You're only generating revenue for the owners of Huskerboard.

Thanks - it was on my list to look into to better understand today before the game!!  I am not seeing them, so it hasn't come up for clicks for me thank goodness.  

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

Do you like/drink Dr. Pepper?

Quick aside...I disagree with this. Humans, through "non natural" processes aka the invention of society and culture, are the dominant apex predator on earth. Our advancement causes a lot of s#!t in the food chain and the animal kingdom to go out of whack, especially in relation to our preferred way of living, so it falls on us to keep things in balance which occasionally entails population control of "lesser" animals.

Sort of...but if an area usually has 10 ducks but now has 20 ducks...those extra ducks will either die because they can't find enough food or leave the area in order to find more food.  But I get what you are saying...but I also don't most hunters are hunting to "control the amount of ducks" in an area.

43 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sort of...but if an area usually has 10 ducks but now has 20 ducks...those extra ducks will either die because they can't find enough food or leave the area in order to find more food.  But I get what you are saying...but I also don't most hunters are hunting to "control the amount of ducks" in an area.

The individual hunter’s reason is probably for sport and food.

But the offices that set limits and sell permits exist almost solely to manage wildlife populations and ecosystems.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

The individual hunter’s reason is probably for sport and food.

But the offices that set limits and sell permits exist almost solely to manage wildlife populations and ecosystems.

Manage??  Manage a living thing?  You mean, control it?  You mean ownership?!?!?!

This country is about BEING FREE!!!

But, yeah I know what you are saying.